Ruff's Cobbled SG Modpack

Okay I must be doing something wrong. I have no interface for some reason. I can get a little by hitting escape, but it won't go into game options or anything. Sorry, I am sure it is somethign simple or stupid I am missing/forgetting. Thanks for any help.

Turn on Python exception reporting and at game start you will see the error message as to why the Main interface is failing to load.

Code:
ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface

But the file is there. It is spelled right, I don't know what is wrong or what to try. Any ideas?

Oh and this.

Code:
ERR: Call function numPlotListButtons failed. Can't find module CvScreensInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 70, in preGameStart

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'showTechChooser'
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

Code:

But the file is there. It is spelled right, I don't know what is wrong or what to try. Any ideas?
Can you give me some background ... did you download and install my mod pack? If so, where did you put it? Have you changed it? If you have turned on error logging, check the log directory for some python error files. It typically gives you the line number that started the problem.

All I did was put it in the mods folder instead of the custom assets.

So it went here:
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\MODS\RuffMod_2w\

and the assets are in the assets folder under that.

All I did was put it in the mods folder instead of the custom assets.

So it went here:
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\MODS\RuffMod_2w\

and the assets are in the assets folder under that.
Ahh. The latest version my me is not set up to go in that folder. Gaurav has a version of my mod that can go anywhere (about 7 or so back) but I haven't moved his additional code into the production version of my mod.

The current version is designed to be put ...

C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\My Documents\My Games\Warlords\customassets

Code:

Oh and this.

Code:
ERR: Call function numPlotListButtons failed. Can't find module CvScreensInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 70, in preGameStart

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'showTechChooser'
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

I suggest that you turn on logging so that you can post the entire call stack trace. I find the trouble is usually with the most recent call... at the end of a very long trace.

two things jump to mind when looking at that log ...

1) are you running a windows os or a mac? There are explicit windows calls that obviously will not work on a mac.
2) check to see if you have the key "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders", "Personal" in your windows register. My mod uses that key to find the 'my docs' directory

Windows and yes in both current user and local machine.

This was the part I was looking for:

File "CvPath", line 86, in __getRegValue
WindowsError: [Errno 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Line 86 reads:
key = _winReg.OpenKey(root, subkey)

where root is "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" and subkey is "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders".

The reason I'm being all technical is to explain Ruff's suggestions so that you can try to fix this. One of the following things are happening:
  1. There is no registry on your system.
  2. Civ4 does not have permission to read the registry files.
  3. Did not find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
  4. Did not find "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" within "HKEY_CURRENT_USER".

Edit: There should not be a space between Explore and r, that is caused by this website.

is your 'my docs' on the c drive or somewhere else? I remember someone else having a problem with my mod and their 'my docs' folder was on their network. It didn't work for them.

The other option is that you can edit that part of the mod and hard code the location of the civ4 install directory.

Well then it is either 2 or something else entirely.

You can check #2 by temporarily making yourself a member of the "Administrators" group.

Which version of Windows are you using? I haven't tried this at all in anything other than XP, and Vista has all sorts of new security features.

Top Bottom