Rules discussion

Maybe make all map visible from start (screen on forum) because everyone can get it easily using world builder?
We doing that in almost every polish pbem.

Difficulty has already been set up to Emperor. Just to make Barbs and CS a bit harder to defeat.
I guess no team here would give up their control to AI for even 1 turn just to get the slight advantages. For the main advantage of AI on higher difficulties in my oppinion are the additional units and free techs upon game start.
Maybe it's easier just to permit vacation mode on GMR (even though i think, this will never happen ... ever)

That sounds good to me. From the previous posts I got the impression it hadn't been decided. We can just all agree to not let our civs go to AI control.

Maybe make all map visible from start (screen on forum) because everyone can get it easily using world builder?
We doing that in almost every polish pbem.

Does this mean that it is possible to open a hotseat save game in world builder and see map? If so this changes the game completely. The game is a lot less fun if you know where everyone is from the start. Is it possible to see troop locations and ancient ruin locations in this way as well?

Does this mean that it is possible to open a hotseat save game in world builder and see map? If so this changes the game completely. The game is a lot less fun if you know where everyone is from the start. Is it possible to see troop locations and ancient ruin locations in this way as well?
Yes.
For second, no. You see only clear map, without any civs, ruins or units etc. Unfortunately it also shows coal, oil or iron etc.
But we can simply decide to not look, thats all.

Yes.
For second, no. You see only clear map, without any civs, ruins or units etc. Unfortunately it also shows coal, oil or iron etc.
But we can simply decide to not look, thats all.

I would prefer agreeing to not use World Builder on the map, but if others prefer that everyone see the map, that seems another fair solution.

I would also rather not look at the map. We are here to play the game. Make decisions. See whether they were good or not. Feel good about the conclusion.

If we know which moves to make all along, you aren't playing the game. You make no real decisions, you just follow the optimal path. And then there is no enjoyment from seeing the results of your actions, as you saw them coming all along.

Let's not look at the map. At the very least, I won't. I don't mind losing, especially to cheats. :)

Top Bottom