Rules

The Big Cheese

Chieftain
Hello

Hi I'm not looking to build an entirely new scenario but change a few of the rules and add a couple new units, but I just want to ask a couple of questions

Can I change the rules so a chariots and horsemen can carry an archer? which would give the chariots and horsemen a defensive bonus?

Can an air unit transport ground units so I can build a Hercules

Also I want to lesson the advantage of railroads a little is this possible?

Cheers

RE: Chariot
It is not possible for land units to carry other units. You could just up the defense factor of the Chariot if you think it is too low.

RE: Hercules
You can set a unit to be a sea transport with the paratrooper flag. It could then paradrop between cities or airbases and carry along sleeping ground units with it. If it goes onto a land square without a city or airbase it will not be able to move or paradrop its way out again (good for gliders!). It is best to set this type of unit as move: 0 or it will be able to go out to sea!

RE: Railroads
Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the RR movement like there is with roads. There is a way to work around this if you use Test of Time which also allows you to confine rail units to the railroads by making use of the non passable terrain option in the rules. For MGE there is no way to do this. You could always cut the RR tech out of the tree and replace it with plumbing or another spare tech.

Hope that helps

Top Bottom