Russia map

I am trying to make a Cold War scenario, and right now I am constructing a map of Eurasia, but it won't let me save it into the Civ II folder. How do I get it into that folder?

Why don't you save yourself the time and effort needed to make a map of Eurasia by downloading Harlan Thompsons map? (which should be advailable on this site and/or Apolyton) It streches from France to Japan, and is amazingly accruate :)

Okay, how do I put that map into my Civ II folder. It says: "Access Denied: You need proper access to save this hear"

Are you doing this on your own computer? -Do you have any folders og files write-protected, or protected by passwords etc?

In case its the writeprotecting thing, you need to rightclick the folder, select properties and uncheck the writeprotect box. In case its something else like shared computers with passwords etc, I don't have a clue. If its your own computer and noone else is using it, it sounds extremely mysterious. Could be comething fishy, like a virus or something. Try asking some of the tech gurus in "problems & help" they probably know better.

Originally posted by The Art of War
Okay, how do I put that map into my Civ II folder. It says: "Access Denied: You need proper access to save this hear"

You are probably working under Win2000, WinNT (maybe this is possible in XP also) and you are not logged in as Administrator or Main User? Or you have restricted access to some folders - consult the Win helpfile to learn how to enable full access again...;)

I'm running Win98 and I am logged in. Also, how do I add new units to the game?

Top Bottom