• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

Should I drop the defensive aspect maybe then? Or . . .

Expansive but defensive, maybe?

Let's see, gain 40 influence when you connect a city state to the capital, and influence in that city state degrades 25% slower.

But then again, how much do you focus on roads on the early game, when the cost of them is actually significant and workers are more focused on building improvements than roads?

I dunno, another problem is that city states don't always spawn close either, so you might have to build pretty long roads.

Is it possible to make buildings reduce improvements cost? Because if so maybe the UB could make roads in the city's borders free.

I can't find anything maintenance cost related for specific plots in lua, and I'm quite sure the same counts for XML.

I can't find anything maintenance cost related for specific plots in lua, and I'm quite sure the same counts for XML.

I guess a more complicated way to go around it would be to count the number of road tiles within a 3 tile radius of that city and then put that many dummy buildings in the city. That's way too much work in my opinion though.

It's not, but that's not really the problem, the problem is how you can reduce the maintenance cost of improvements.

Aren't there tags for both UAs and Dummy Policies for that?

The thing is, should this be a gold producing civ, and if so, to what extent?

I don't think it should be focused so much on gold, just early game diplomacy and defense, with a minor gold related aspect.

On another note, I've finally finished my exams, so I can actually begin my modding projects properly

Maybe something along the lines of "Gain Golden Age Points from every Luxury Resource under your Possession that you haven't improved"?

Dunno if that can be coded but it'd encourage Diplomacy and gaining the favor of City States.

I'm thinking of taking the civ in a diplomatic and religious direction. The Elamites had a distinct pantheon which was in a sense unified when authority became centralised, whereas before it varied from place to place. We could therefore have a UI or UB, the "Rock Relief" or the "temple of the grove" respectively, the latter of which would be a shrine replacement.

For the UA, me and Gpuzzle thought perhaps influence from quests etc. is doubled in the ancient and classical eras as one aspect, a somewhat unelegant way of getting around the lack of early game influence.

Okay, a design:

UA-"Kings of Anshan and Susa"

Gain twice as much city state influence from quests and shizzle during the ancient and classical eras. Gain +2 faith and 5% culture in your first two cities per city state ally (max of 5 allies)

UU-Hill tribe or archer, either will serve a pretty simple role

UI-Rock relief

Unlocked at masonary, it is only buildable on hills and yields 2 faith, and gives a small amount of culture when built. When constructed in a city state's territory, that city state's influence degrades 25% slower.

What do people think of it then?

The first half of the UA is pretty weak since it only works for the first two eras. I like the second half of the UA. I also really like how the UI does something in city states. Is it still only buildable on hills when in city state territory?

What it does is make it so a +40 Influence bonus become a +80 one, or a +25 Influence bonus become a +50 one. Meaning it's very strong early on.

Top Bottom