• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

For example, if you're sending 3 Science and recieving 1, you'll generate 4 Science in the Capital, which is modified by Unis and NC and Observatory and stuff like that.

Not double.

I think the overall amount of X both cities get from (international)trade routes is referred to a delta in game.
(Delta gold= the amount of gold both cities get from a trade route, no?)

(Anyway, that's a decent idea)

Not with Science.

It's possible to code that, Nathan. Very possible, actually.

Some interesting ideas here, but I'm not too sure how similar this will be to the Cherokee ability "Gain x% of science from foreign cities that you have a trade route with in the origin city"

I feel like I could do something really interesting with the Sabao, because they often established communities in foreign trade centres, so I feel like it should be able to, like, make it so that Sogdian trade routes to certain foreign cities earn extra gold and/or science, or something along those lines.

I just noticed something a little alarming on my main mods page on steam.

All the alt. download links I added for all my mods have been removed by steam to "prevent malware and phishing" by it's link filters. I was using mediafire.com

Is there anything I can do about this? Quite irritating for those who can't subscribe for whatever reason.

Can you host them here on Civfanatics?

Can you host them here on Civfanatics?

Probably, actually, I doubt civ fanatics carries a phishing or malware risk that steam has apparently identified with mediafire XD

JFD uses Dropbox, so there's that.

One thing that I need help with his finding/choosing a skin for the Bruneian sea Nomad, I've two candidate skins, neither are great

Andean Cargo ship
Spoiler :

Polynesian embarked units/raft
Spoiler :

And I'm looking for something that looks like

Spoiler :

I am spoilt for choice nowadays (irrelevant, but according to the civ fanatics spell check, "spoilt" isn't a word)

A little while back I was complaining about having few civs available to me, but now it's the other way, I have discovered yet another somewhat obscure civ that no one else is probably doing, and a Khanate (sortof) nonetheless.

I believe a Cuman civ would be quite interesting, based around warfare and cultural pressure due to it's cultural influence in eastern Europe. UUs are easy too, a knight replacement "Crimean Mamluk" and the "Bori" UU, which is like a Khan's personal troop likely a swordsman or longswordsman replacement.

Just too many civs XD

Oh yeah, if you're ever thinking we're running short of civs to put in the game, there's plenty of people here who can correct that notion.

What do people think of the Bruneian UU skins then?

The issue is that neither look enormously like the UU, the Polynesian embarked raft looks more like it, admittedly, but then again, it is quite recognizable, and is used ingame. The cargo ship is pretty unrecognizable, but doesn't really look as much like the ships as the Polynesian raft.

Hmm, quite a conundrum >.<

On another note, is anyone else doing or planning a Cuman civ in the near future? If not then I'm taking it, one of the few Khanates I'm interested in doing it. And then I really must stop going through wikipedia late at night or I'll decide to do too many civs o.o

Not with Science.

It's possible to code that, Nathan. Very possible, actually.

GPazzle, my name is Natan. No 'h'. And I don't say it wasn't codeable.
Also, I think you should use the Polynesian graphic.

Sorry, autocorrect.

Does anyone know who might be willing to convert civ 4 units? I've found a Civ 4 skin that would actually work really well for the Bruneian UU.

Okay, I've built a Cuman design

Leader-Konchak

UA-" Cuman-Kipchak confederation" (need to find a better name really)

"+2 tourism from garrisons in puppet cities. Upon the discovery of chivalry, pastures yield +1 tourism and +3 xp"

UU-"Burchevichi Mamluk"

Knight replacement with no penalty on attacking cities with a slightly higher combat strength. +2 happiness if garrisoned in a puppet city.

UU-"Kipchak"

Replaces the Trebuchet. 4 movement points and does not need to setup prior to firing. Slightly weaker, with only 50% strength versus cities, but may attack twice and move after attacking.

Top Bottom