1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Save/Reload Cheating

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Piemaster, Nov 17, 2005.

?

Do you cheat by reloading a saved game when things go wrong?

1. Yes, I do it all the time

20 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Sometimes, when things go especially wrong

81 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Occasionally, but I feel bad about it

65 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. Never, I hate cheating.

65 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. AER

AER Chieftain

Often times, I will save before a major game decision - i.e., should I attack the big enemy, or side with the big enemy against the two small ones? I love to re-load after winning or losing, and play again the opposite way. Sometimes I also reload after losing (or getting to a point where it is obvious that I will lose) and see what I can change to make it a win (should I wait 5 more turns to attack? Should I go earlier? Should I make more catapults? etc)

I also rely heavily on the autosave to recover from myself stupidly clicking on the "explore" button instead of the upgrade I want (usually on a big stack of units will all selected, which is really funny :))

2. Alphawolf

Alphawolf Basileus, Founding Father

I chose the “I don't cheat” button, not because I think it is wrong, but my computer is on the low end so loading takes for too long. ;)

-the Wolf

3. Rirse

Rirse Warlord

I don't reload my saves nearly as much compare to CIV3, which is due to the fact if I reload sometimes, the strange shadows will creep up on random unit types (patch will fix that soon, so I am not worry). If I do reload, it because I lost a pretty high level unit to some enemy unit who should lost because the odds were heavly in my favor.

With that said, I need stop using the World Builder to kill enemy ships who try to destroy my fishing resources. I feel bad when I have do it.

4. Zhahz

Zhahz PC Gamer

Nah, game isn't that frickin hard so if I screw something up I live with it, learn from it, and hope to avoid repeating it - something that's less likely to happen if I use reloads as a crutch.

5. A'AbarachAmadan

A'AbarachAmadan Deity

The only time I use the reload function is for testing strategies, but those are always games I don't play to the finish. With Civ4 so far, I've only played one game to the finish, but have done lots of testing.