Savefile sharing

Startaff

Shogun
Don't know if this is an old issue but...

... is it possible to share .sav files between different "country" versions of CivIII?

I have CivIII US-for-Mac and would like to share .sav files with an Italian-for-PC user.

Thanks and ciao

I (partially, hope) answer to myself.

It seems that translated versions (at least the Italian one) use also translated file names (e.g. archer.ini becomes arciere.ini) and this "complicates" things a bit. AAARGH!

Anyway, anybody has suggestions or better news?

I know, there's the GOTM but I'm still at very low level and my colleague still has to buy its Civ (and he wants it Italian).

Ciao

If the file names are different in the two localised versions then there is very little chance of echanging save files successully. There are lots of places in the save file where file names are used to identify graphics and text, so both users must have the same file names in their CIv3 installations.

GOTM is English-only, as far as I know. There was a French version for one or two games, I think, but that has not continued.

Thanks Alan.

For what I've understood up to now, the best solution would be (for my colleague) buying the English version and substitute just the .txt files.
This should maintain US-compatibility (and possibility to exploit all the good work done by people internationally, as I'm doing right now) AND have "localized" Civilopedia, descriptions and dialogues.

Now, we just need to get our hands on Italian version .txt files.

Thanks again and ciao

Top Bottom