saying goodbye to Civ and Firaxis. For good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So go ahead and say the point then. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't see any other point being made.

Are you serious!?

I will not repeat, what I already repeated thrice. Sorry.

If you are not having me on with this post, than THANK YOU a thousand times. Scripts it is then? I had a feeling like it, but I am no programmer...
If these scripts really exist (I have a feeling, that they are there since at least CivIV, which also anoyed the crap out of me...), then playing such a game makes no sense at all. Btw, Chess is boring. :)

Yes, and it can be seen by starting a new game and just looking what happens when you do different things, for example, the AI will move their units and settle their cities, depending on where you decide to move your warrior and settle your city. (when they can't even possibly know anything about you), and they will always do these same actions, so it's not simply "random" - it is like there is some "formula" aka script that basically dictates what they do. And not just for the first actions, it can be seen at any point in the game. Everything is calculated in relation to your actions even when it couldn't or shouldn't be the case.

I would like to play a Civ game where the AI where it doesn't matter what my units do and the AI makes a decision based on some factors that don't have anything to do with me, as long as I am an unmet player and in the fog of war.

And yes playing a game like Civ 5 and Civ 6 in Single Player (i am civ 5 player myself), doesn't really make sense except as meaningless entertainment, which is what these games mostly are. It's also pretty addictive which is why people play it even when knowing how things work. Nowadays I just play the game with setting handicaps for myself because there's no point otherwise - you can manipulate a Deity AI to give you everything that he has withing 50 turns from meeting him if you use all the abuses. (basically spam army even beyond supply limit, overcome his soldiers value, and he capitulates and gives you everything even if he's on a lone island on the other side of the map)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to read you’re fed up with Civ 6, As a last chance to convince you to stay maybe try playing a game and post screenshots say every 10/50 turns so the community can give advice?

Anyway, hopefully you’ll find another 4X game to play soon!

(Also, if that game isn’t to your liking as well, don’t make such a ‘show’ of leaving ;) )

Sad to read you’re fed up with Civ 6, As a last chance to convince you to stay maybe try playing a game and post screenshots say every 10/50 turns so the community can give advice?

Anyway, hopefully you’ll find another 4X game to play soon!

(Also, if that game isn’t to your liking as well, don’t make such a ‘show’ of leaving ;) )
Exactly . He is just here to rant

Ranting about a stupid feature of a very bad game is better than criticizing a player for doing so without bringing any arguments. There is a need of more people like OP actually. Nobody should buy Firaxis games until they fix their stuff.

Are you serious!?

I will not repeat, what I already repeated thrice. Sorry.
Maybe it is because English is not my first language, but I'm having difficulties understanding your point too. I really meant no insult, but could you explain your point with other words, please? This way we may could help you (I just need to understand better the context).

Ranting about a stupid feature of a very bad game is better than criticizing a player for doing so without bringing any arguments. There is a need of more people like OP actually. Nobody should buy Firaxis games until they fix their stuff.
No cause what OP is doing is called flaming. He is basically saying "Fraxis sucks! They are pieces of crap" without giving a helpful advice.

Maybe it is because English is not my first language, but I'm having difficulties understanding your point too. I really meant no insult, but could you explain your point with other words, please? This way we may could help you (I just need to understand better the context).
Not to mention OP isn't that good at English and in fact his posts are full of grammatical and spelling errors- like boni? Really?

Periodically someone appears on these forums stating how much they hate the game and and they're never
going to play it again and it's all rubbish. Somehow it seems similar to walking into a shop to announce
that you're not going to buy anything and then walking out again.
I don't understand why they want to do this. It all seems a bit weird

Periodically someone appears on these forums stating how much they hate the game and and they're never
going to play it again and it's all rubbish. Somehow it seems similar to walking into a shop to announce
that you're not going to buy anything and then walking out again.
I don't understand why they want to do this. It all seems a bit weird

I find it weirder that when the thing that you describe happens, there is also a group of 5-6 people who get triggered as if they take it personal, or act like it was their job to criticize and shame the poster.

I don't understand why they want to do do this. It all seems a bit weird.

I find it weirder that when the thing that you describe happens, there is also a group of 5-6 people who get triggered as if they take it personal, or act like it was their job to criticize and shame the poster.

I don't understand why they want to do do this. It all seems a bit weird.
Wouldn't you find it weird if a random person yelled in a restaurant " THEIR FOOD IS CRAP! DON'T EAT HERE!"

If you know how to easily make a better, more entertaining, bug free game you're sitting on gold man. Please go do it.

Civ 6 is far from perfect, just like every other computer game I played over the last 35 odd years. But most of them, including Civ 6, were well worth the money.

I understand OP, I would leave too if I was the only player in the world stuck with a cheating AI. I mean, choosing first pantheon is very common with Russia, if you get screwed over and over for dozens of games (this Is what happened if I'm reading correctly) that's the only possible explanation, right ? Much more certain than having bad luck or low skills, obviously.
Glad not to have the special cheating AI appearing on the single copy of the game featuring it.

Moderator Action: OK closing this thread as it is completely derailed, if you are going to criticise the devs please do so constructively; if you suspect cheating please post test files to demonstrate what you are seeing. Please don't respond to problematic posts with flaming or trolling, report it and let us deal with it. Also please don't criticise another posters language skills - not everyone has English as a native language.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom