Scenario graphics?

dlandersson

Chieftain
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have trouble making out the new scenario graphics. One of the reasons I like Civ II is that the graphics are fairly easy to read, but the "new" scenario graphics are hard to distinguish.
Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this, but go down one forum to the "Scenario League" and you will find thread after thread full of the most beautiful art you can imagine :)

It is a bit counter intuitive, but most of the talk about creating scenarios does not occur in this "scenario creation" forum. Most is in the "scenario league" forum.

What do you mean New scenario graphics? if you are looking for a set that distinguishes units better from the map, Reno's seems to do just that.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/renos-units.2451/

There are some old and new unit graphics, the main difference is that the sprites are OUTLINED so they stand out from the map better.
My particular favorites are the helicopter, bomber and tank.

I did not like all of them though, as the Phalanx and the Legion looked too similar, for example and made up my own set by replacing some of them with other sprites, however outlining them Reno style..

If some of the scenarios have supplied their own units.gif, and they differ significantly from the originals with added and changed units that do not correspond to the original, then yes you are stuck with what they supplied unless you alter them by outlining as in Reno's or maybe some other method.

Top Bottom