• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Scenario of the present world

hey matrix, looking forward to the finished product!

BTW, that picture at the top just might be the ugliest thing I've ever seen ;)

Just kidding :D

:goodjob:

Overall, reading all your (on-topic) comments, I think I actually did just fine with my division. ;)

Of course there are some countries which could be insulted by this division, but that's simply their bad luck. Hey, Canada is in the same "Civ" as the USA. :rolleyes: The Netherlands is in the same "Civ" as Germany... :D Just let it be.

Originally posted by Matrix
Of course there are some countries which could be insulted by this division, but that's simply their bad luck. Hey, Canada is in the same "Civ" as the USA. :rolleyes: The Netherlands is in the same "Civ" as Germany... :D Just let it be.

Heck I agree with you. After all the game is called Civilization III not Countries III:lol:

And I persume Israel is the same Civ as The Arabs and so are the Turks? :rolleyes:

Turkey is an ally of Israel and an oponnent of the Arabs.
The only thing that relates them with the Arabs is the religion.
If you would tell any Turk he belongs with the Arab civilization he would punch you in the face.

You want a scenario of the present world, think about present world relations and influence.

Turkey is about to join the EU. If there was ever a war between Israel and the Arabs or Europe an the Arabs guess which side Turkey would take?
They slaughtered Armenians and they are Afraid of Iran and Iraq, why do you think they allied with Israel and that they jump from Joy each time Israel tests a new nuclear weapon?
The arabs are their RIVALS, not their friends. That's a cold and hard fact.

This is a more reasonable world map divide, and if you want a realistic one you should Arm Israel with enough weapons to sustain a combined attack of the Arabs, and with nukes.
Also, Israel should be a Division of America since they are hard allies that agree on almost everything.

P.S. If it is Civilizations 3, which civilization does Israel represent, America or Iran? :rolleyes:

You should not ignore countries for their size, you should ignore them for their Influence and strength.
So far Israel has both of them and a lot of both, so you can't ignore that dot in the middle of nowhere and paint it yellow because that would be very far from the present world realism.

Attachments

• worldmap.gif
    worldmap.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 233
I got to think about Turkey. You say they are about to join the EU, but they still have a lot to do before that happens. They're not really part of Europe either.

Turky is a state with a massive islamic majority, but it's no islamic state!

Its in the NATO, and it will become a member of the European Union. (I know - in far future)

Turky is far more Europe than Arabia.

When i was in Turky I thought i was at home! (no joke). In Austria we have more islamic women who wore those blankets over the face than they have in turkey.
Compared to Tunesia (where I had been too), its very "western" there!

About Israel:
The US is the only real ally of Israel. But if Sharon goes on this way there won't be any Isreal friends anymore for long I think...

Where is the differnce between Milosevic and Sharon? (just a question)

What i wanted to say too:

The Turkish people have nothing to do with the Arabian people!
So nobody can say Turky should be Arabia because of the people

(In fact the Persian people have nothing to do with the Arabian people too)

But over all I think your current "world map" fits very good!

Arabia is too BIG... dont forget that Pakistan, Afganistan, Iran, as well as Turky, Armenia, Turmenistan (etc) are Islamic but not Arabs- in fact Irakis have a century old feud with with Iran... and both the Arabs and Islamic Arian Peoples dislike the Turk People (probably for historical reasons).

Then there is that problem with Britain (sorry: England rather) since it is part of Europe but also the Motherland of the commonwealth... (and tends to act as the American cleaning lady in terms of military policies :() Also should Britain, France (EU) and the US have bases around the globe.

Places like Kenya and Madagascar ought to be populated also with 50% of Indian People... Indonesia should have the same of Chinese; Hong Kong should mirror British influence; and did U know that Malaysia has over 60% Muslims)

Last but not least I suggest to make two Eastern European civs- one closer to Russian (Ukraine, Belorussia...) and another one closer to the EU (Poland, Hungary, Tzech Republic, the Baltic States)- if not two civs then at leat one Block-Free European Civ would be interesting.

Lastly there could be small scattered spots of a "Black-List" civ around the planet = the Current (and future) hotspots on Earth- if U want to mirror the war on terror this should come handy. These cities should have high cultural value (i.e. Serb and Kroat local patriotism)

i have to say W.i.n.t.e.r is quite right with this....

You can't realy collect them all as Arabics...
hmm... hard to say what to do...
But i think it's ok if you sperate at least Turkey.

but you could rename the Arbics to "Nearer East" (even if iran and Afghanistan are not realy nearer East..)

Or you coould name them "Orient Bloc"....

Arabic is far to specialiced...
its like calling Europe "Germany"

Maybe try things like;

Western Europe (excluding UK), Commonwealth (includes UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa), Islamic States or maybe Gulf States, USSR, Maoists (for China, North Korea, etc - I know it's not totally accurate but it's an approximation), Sub-Saharan Africa as a few possibilities. That way you sort of defuse the actual nationality tensions that are sure to arise if you use country names. America though is the odd one out as it's a single nation with a huge influence in international affairs- mainly because of its size and economy (just remember though - Rome too was great in its day and look what happened to it. When complacency strikes, the walls come tumbling down)

Arabia stays Arabia. Of course you can't combine them all, although there is some cohesia between them. But there is also no other good alternative. And this will make the scenario more fun. :)

Anyway, I also got trouble making leader names. I've got these so far:
America: George W. Bush
Europe: Tony Blair
Russia: Putin
but for the rest nothing yet. Can you help me with that? I'm not really that up to date with the political leaders. I suggest the following for the combined Civs:
Africa: president of South Africa
Latin America: president of Brazil or Argentina
Middle America: president of Mexico or Fidel Castro
Arabia: president of Egypt, Saudi Arabia or Sadam Hussein (you already begin with a leader called Osama Bin Laden :groucho: )
South East Asia: president of Indonesia

India, China, Japan and Australia gives logical choices, but I simply don't know their names and don't know where to look them up.

Originally posted by Matrix
Arabia stays Arabia. Of course you can't combine them all, although there is some cohesia between them. But there is also no other good alternative. And this will make the scenario more fun. :)

Anyway, I also got trouble making leader names. I've got these so far:
America: George W. Bush

TONY BLAIR ????????? !!!

Excuse me- what exactly has tony Blair got to do with Europe ??? The driving Powers in Europe are France and Germany

:confused:

ps- don't call it Arabia... call it Islamic World (Union, etc)

@ Matrix

Tony Blair? That's a joke, isn't it?

If you go by the leader of the most important state in Europe, you should choose the leader of Germany. The economical power of Germany is bigger that the one of Britian and France together!

So it should be Schröder (even if I don't like him [punch] )

I don't want to anoy somebody, but the role of the British in the European progress / process is quite a ... hm.. how should I say... a minor one...
to make it short: They always want to make their own things, no Europe-without-borders ideas!
Look, they don't even have the Euro! Britain is one of the last of the European states I would suggest as European leader..

W.i.n.t.e.r is absolutely right once again! :goodjob:

Chose the leader of Germany or France for best results i would say...

By the way: Cool idea the whole szenario.. Can't wait to play it: World Domination with the European is my goal ;) :cool: :D

[edited] Ok, I'll make it Schröder. ;)

Which brings me to my next question: what should the capitals be?
My current choice is:
Russia: Moscow
Europe: London
America: Washington
Middle America: Mexico City
Latin America: Brazília
Africa: Cape Town
Arabia: Ar Riaad
India: New Delhi
China: Beijing
Japan: Tokyo
South East Asia: Singapore
Australia: Sydney (I know the real capital is Canberra, but that's not on the map. ;))

I can help on the Africa part. The Capital should be Johannesburg, not Cape Town as Joey's (as we SA boys call it - you can see where I lived in SA right? :D) is the economic capital of Sub Saharan Africa.

As to leaders, that depends. If you want it in pre Apartheid years probably PW Botha (late seventies to late eighties). If you want to be PC then definitely Mandela - the most charismatic president we ever had (besides, Sween32 already made a leaderhead for him) or perhaps FW de Clerk (who actually ushered in the end of the Apartheid era by freeing Nelson and allowing free elections to the entire population. A very underrated man actually). Whatever you do don't use the current president, Thabo Mbeki, the man's a thug!!

Sorry Glare, but it's the scenario or the present. And at present, Mbeki is president. ;) But thanks for your comment! (I do know him, but forgot his name.)

B.t.w.: This is my 2000th post!!! [dance]

The leader of Europe should be that neo nazi Haider, to please pi8ch. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Germany: GDP: purchasing power parity - $1.936 trillion (2000 est.)

France: GDP: purchasing power parity - $1.448 trillion (2000 est.)

UK: GDP: purchasing power parity - $1.36 trillion (2000 est.)

How did you get Germany > France + UK ?!?!?!?!

Besides, Germany burnt 6 million jews and 5 million other minorities, they do not deserve to be the representitives of Europe, even after all those years. But nevermind.

Hi Matrix,
how about Brussels as european capital, it stands for the idea of union, not so much for a leading nation like Berlin, Paris or London.( no ofence, Belgium)
And by the way, if Turkey would have to decide for one ally, they would choose the USA, not Europe or the Islamic World.
How about a status similar to the one of Israel for the Turkish?
Just a thought,
keep up your good work

C'mon, IceBlaZe, that's more than 50 years ago. I just came back from a holiday in Germany. Again: we are talking about the present.

Sirinus, Brussels isn't on the map, but Amsterdam is. What about that one? :D ;)

I said nevermind. ;)

Top Bottom