• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Scenario of the present world

So what if you disapprove of civilian deaths cauised by either side? What if you condemn terrorism, but don't support the right of retaliation as practiced by the Israelis? It is possible to want to stop the conflict without thinking one side or the other has all the answers, or even some answers.

Brusell is a small city.

If the Europeans were ever to go inwar with the rest of the world, which city would they choose as their headquarters?
The answer to that should be the capital.

Iceblaze,
in Brussels the Nato has its headquarters, the European comission is located there. So where could you find a better infrastructure and a better example of the fact that a rather "small " city, can have all it takes for a military and political headquarter.
And please be careful with your polemic posts, i dont think this here is the right place for such stuff and its hard for a young German like me to just " nevermind" this sort of crap.

Matrix, Amsterdam would sure do well as a compromise and some Dutch people would surely like that idea, too....

You sure you don't want my help? I may just be 17, but I know how do divided the world up. I really wanted to help.

Zarn, show us your Divided up world. I would like to see it :)

" nevermind" this sort of crap.

You think the Holocaust was a crap? :rolleyes:

Iceblaze,
I think that your statement about Germany not deserving to represent Europe, even nowadays, is real crap and that the Holocaust is a topic, which is way too serious to be discussed in a forum dealing with a computer- game.

This scenario is a good idea. I always liked one for civ2 where you started out around 1900 and see the world develop from there.

If you chose Schröder as the president of the EU you should take into consideration that there are elections in Germany in September and the chances for Schröder to be elected again are not very good (so say the analysts) so your scenario could be outdated in September.
The other main candidat is "Stoiber" but this guy is more right wing (Schröders origin is more left wing) and I wouldn´t chose him as the president of the EU.

Maybe there is some kind of secretary which you could chose, or you could make the leader of europe an institution.

Zarn: please show us your division! Any insight will help. ;)

IceBlaZe: you're starting to spam about that holocaust thing. Stop it. Sirinus: just let him be.

Now, about the European leader: What about Prodi? ;)

Furthermore, I've only heard about Africa and Europe. I'd much rather want some help on the other Civs too!

1)Canada, USA
2)Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua
3)Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, The Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Chile, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Panama, Paraguay, St. Kits and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname
4)China, Cuba, Korea (North), Laos, Mongolia, Vietnam
5)Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belguim, Bosnia and Hertzegovina, Bugaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Vatican, Yugoslavia
6)Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
7)Botswana, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Liberia, Lesotho, Mali, Mauritius, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland
8)Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo Republic, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Kenya, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Morocco, Mozambique, Nambia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Siera Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
9)Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Oman, Syria, Yemen
10)India
11)Cyprus, Isreal, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
12)Australia, Fiji, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papau New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
13)Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela
14)Bangladesh, Bhuton, Brunei, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka
15)Pakistan
16)Japan, Korea (South), Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand
Nations in question- Afganistan, Jordan

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
havent read it all through, Zarn but U forgot Guatemala in "2" ;) it doesnt fit with 3 as 90 % of the population of Guatemala are not in the Caribian...

---

Matrix, I think Prodi is a fine choice :)
I placed it in the wrong place. Thanks for pointing it out.

hi... I just wanted to say im really looking forward to playing this scenario :)

and.........
I Also wanted to say im kinda shocked with iceblaze's comments and attitude... being half German.
By the Way, Israel has a far worse reputation than Germany these days...Israel's last true friend and ally being the united states. And you should be careful to what you are saying. Your not really helping your country's reputaion with such comments.

Finally I have a few suggestions :)

-Brussels should definitely be the european capital... Maybe you should rename Asmterdam => Brussels/Amsterdam. Just a thought, after all belgium and holland have one of the highest density of population in europe and it wouldnt seem so weird to combine the two cities to represent how populated that small area of europe is.
Plus you could make one Big city instead of a medium sized one. Anyway i really think Europe without Brussels would be unaccurate.
-I dont think this has already been said and it might seem like a detail but i think its important that European countries have the
same importance as they have in real...
Sweden being more populated than Spain kinda disturbs me :)
Germany should be the major european power,... followed by England and France... and so on.
I know its not very important but still... :) Swedish cities being able to build more troops than spain.....eerrrr
-European leader: I would say De Gaulle or Chancelor Adenauer...
They are the real fathers of the European Union and although they are not "modern european leaders" i still think they are the best choices...
Sincerely who in France really cares about Blair or Schroder?
Same in Germany who cares about Chirac...?
And although De gaulle and adenauer left 40 years ago, and its not really recent history, they are the only leaders who have been important for all of Europe.

Schroder, Blair and Chirac are just important in their own countries...
Prodi would be the best choice if u dont want De gaulle or Adenauer.

Well i Thought id just say a few words to thank u for creating this scenario but it looks like i wrote a bit too much... ill shut up now :)

oh and plz forgive me if my english is not perfect :)
French people have a pretty bad english level compared with other europeans. (for obvious historical reasons:)

:quote:

Israel has nothing in common with either of those country.
Saudi Arabia is Anti Israeli, Turkey is an Israeli Ally, UAE is Anti Israeli, Qatar is Anti Israeli, Cyprus is under Greek Control and should be put with Europe.

Israel can be either independent or, very reasonably, part of a pro-western Alliance that will include:

Turkey
Israel
South Korea

And such's..

And of course it can also be a division of the United States.

Originally posted by IceBlaZe

:quote:

Israel has nothing in common with either of those country.
Saudi Arabia is Anti Israeli, Turkey is an Israeli Ally, UAE is Anti Israeli, Qatar is Anti Israeli, Cyprus is under Greek Control and should be put with Europe.

Israel can be either independent or, very reasonably, part of a pro-western Alliance that will include:

Turkey
Israel
South Korea

And such's..
It's what i got from conversation with friends. Maybe Isreal AND Turkey would be joined with US/ Canadal. The others don't like Iraq or Iran. maybe they would stay by themselves. It should be a challage for some nations. Play U.S./Canada... or Europe on Chieften, or these nations on Diety.

My opinion about Europe would be:

capital: Bruxelles
leader: current president of the European Union: Prodi
but i would prefer an abstract name, because he changes sometimes...

@Balou
The other main candidat is "Stoiber" but this guy is more right wing (Schröders origin is more left wing) and I wouldn´t chose him as the president of the EU.
Right wing? because of this not EU leader? O people!
Did you guys have no ideas of European politics?

If somebody is conservative like the American Republicans he is "right wing"
If somebody is a fascist he is "far right"
If somebody is a more liberal-social he is "left wing"
(not like the Democrats - the Democrats are considered to be right wing too)
Communists are "far left"

The party of Stoiber is coservative and of course NOT RADICAL!!!!!!

Chirac of France, or "old" Major of the British are conservative too!

And old buddy George W. Bush ist far more conservative - and far more right (not "far right" of course!) - than Stoiber

@ IceBlaZe

Turkey
Israel
South Korea
Good idea! i would say that would do it!

@ IceBlaZe

The leader of Europe should be that neo nazi Haider, to please pi8ch.
If you think haider is a nazi - do so.. I don't like haider and i think he is just a jerk...
You wouldn't please me with that!
And btw - in Austria people only were loughing after Israel canceld its embassy in Vienna without any reasons...

You can be sure there is no state in the world were immigrants of all races are better treated that in Austria!
(because of this haider got hois votes - there is absolutely NOTHING against religions in Austria)
And i have no idea how this "anti-immigrants" politics wich are played in ALL europe and in USA, effects Israel. Nobody said a word against Israel! (Until now - but that's becuase of your war)

Besides, Germany burnt 6 million jews and 5 million other minorities, they do not deserve to be the representitives of Europe, even after all those years. But nevermind.
I'm sorry if i hurted your feelings!
I'm no Nazi! And of course i don't like what my ancestors did!
But I don't think that this has anything to do with tha fact that Germyn is the "motor" of the EU,
Not to forget that I'm Austrian patriot, and not a Germany fan!

But if you blame me because i sayed something against Sharon, then tell me why I spoke with 3 Israelis (20 years old) who say "F*** Sharon", "I won't fight for him" and such things... I totaly agree! I wouldn't fight for anybody who is doing such things!

Where is the differnce between Sharon and Milosevic? Tell me!

It is the right of Isreal to make things against humanity because the ancestors of some Israelis had been victims by one? (a great one I have to admit)

I won't defend the Terrorists of Palestina! Terrorism can't be right in no way!
But did you ever thought about the palestinians? Their family are dying because the have no clean wather, and 500meters away behind a wall an isralei cleans his car with drinking-wather...
I see why there is such a hate by the palestinians against Israel.

And i know that the current young generation of Israel is only a victim too! They are not responsoible for the doings of their ancestor, like Germans are not responsible for theirs!
And I'm the last who is blaming you because you are Israeli!

But YOU could try to change something!

Think about it!

And read the responses of the others too... I think most of them share my opinion...
In fact you are the first Israli I ever met who wasn't able to discuss this topic in a polite way.
Come down! If you blame my ancestors i can only respond. "Yeah, thats was the fact..." - You should behave the same. Nothing makes you better than anyone else!

Sorry about my serius letter, but you really shocked me with your words that made me belive that you think I'm a Nazi and have something against Israel.

I hope the war will be over soon, and Sharon will show up in Den Haag...
If there is peace again I want to go to Israel - it's a very interesting country!

So please let us be friends, and I promise i will not speak of the current situation of Israel again.

Blah forget what I said earlier.
I was just tired and fogged ;)

BTW - If you want to discuss about those things post in the Off Topic forum, not here.

Cool that the thing ended this way! :goodjob:

Another reason why the internet is quite good:
We can talk things out!

Have a nice day...

Top Bottom