Scenario pack DLC on sale - should I buy?

Gregolution

Chieftain
I'm very new to Civ although I've got 50+ hours in Civ6 in the last 2 weeks - I'm fairly addicted.

I quite like the idea of scenarios as a way to learn certain parts of the game. I've just noticed the scenario pack is on sale on steam but the reviews are all so negative it's putting me off buying.

Worth getting or not?

I'm very new to Civ although I've got 50+ hours in Civ6 in the last 2 weeks - I'm fairly addicted.

I quite like the idea of scenarios as a way to learn certain parts of the game. I've just noticed the scenario pack is on sale on steam but the reviews are all so negative it's putting me off buying.

Worth getting or not?

Not yet. Keep playing while you enjoy the game with different civs, on different maps, and at different levels.
When that enjoyment starts to pall, find mods to tailor the game more to your liking.

Most of the negative reviews will be driven by people who don't like scenarios and got one as part of their deluxe edition order (edited to fix missing text). If you like scenarios go for it!

Last edited:
Most of the negative reviews will be driven by people who don't like scenarios and got one as part of their or. If you like scenarios go for it!

It's not just the scenarios-- it's all the DLC for the game including a bunch of extra civs and city-states, so it's a good deal.

You appear to like the game, no reason to not add more. All DLC and expansions are just that the same game just more, if it is something you like there is little reason to not buy, especially if you think it is a good price.

All the DLC including new civs and leaders are good, there's only one DLC that has just a scenario and wonders, and that is the Vikings and Traders DLC.

My top-3 DLC:

Persia + Macedon pack - Includes a fan favorite Persia, and a straight forward warmonger civ Macedon. Both are fun to play

Khmer + Indonesia pack - Indonesia is a naval power and Khmer are my favorite religious civ with a cool unique unit. Also includes a beautiful natural wonder

Australia DLC - Includes Australia civ and a scenario. First I was sceptical about having Aussies in the game, but they are a very fun civ to play as!

I'll go against the general consensus and rate the Vikings one of the best DLC. Not because of the scenario, but because it has the most universal non-scenario content. I know many fans bashed the Vikings pack for not having a new civ (and I agree), but at the end of the day, I don't enjoy new civs that much when I don't play with that particular civ. On the other hand, the extra city states and natural wonders of the Viking pack can always show up, no matter which civ I play. I like the Persia + Macedonia also for the Mausoleum wonder.

Well I'm enjoying the hell out of the Australia scenario. I really like scenarios - it shows what a clever platform the game has to be able to create these custom modes.

Thanks for all the advice. I've now got all the stuff!

Top Bottom