Science Discussion 2: DG5- Got Monarchy?

i believe we should go the literature/republic path and trade for everything else we need(we can trade each tech to all of the ais and get most of the ancient age)
we must go republic!

I must object to the assumption that the tech path starts with Bronze Working -> Iron Working. I followed the posted instruction, but please point to the overwhelming support for this path, or to the poll where it was decided. :confused:

On Monarch we'll probably be OK, but I think we should at least consider Chieftess's argument about choosing techs the AI does not research, and then selling them at monopoly prices to get the other ones.

This is not inconsistent with my earlier utterances in favor of getting Iron Working. As long as we acquire it early to find out if we actually have Iron, I'm fine with either researching it ourselves or buying it from someone.

I say go for republic for fast growth and research in early game. Commerce bonus is usually good enough to support troops so i suggest we only switch to monarchy if we want to go to war. Japan is religious civ so there is only 1 turn anarchy.
We should probably get masonry from trades because its first level tech and we won't be building pyramids in the very beginning. I think there is no need to get Oracle and Hanging Gardens because Pyramids and GL are much better.

DaveShack said:
On Monarch we'll probably be OK, but I think we should at least consider Chieftess's argument about choosing techs the AI does not research, and then selling them at monopoly prices to get the other ones.

We must remember when we sell we have to sell to everyone otherwise they'll just trade amongst themselves on the next turn anyways.

blackheart said:
We must remember when we sell we have to sell to everyone otherwise they'll just trade amongst themselves on the next turn anyways.
and whats the problem with that? more techs and stuff for us...

Black_Hole said:
and whats the problem with that? more techs and stuff for us...

The problem with that is we could have sold that one tech to everyone for more money or more techs instead of just selling it to one civ and that civ makes the money selling it to other civs.

blackheart said:
The problem with that is we could have sold that one tech to everyone for more money or more techs instead of just selling it to one civ and that civ makes the money selling it to other civs.
yes which is what we would do...
mayb i didnt understand you right..

Top Bottom