1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SciFi/Fantasy Unit Graphics

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by Arthedain, Jan 24, 2011.

1. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

The only unit really needed now is some kind of cargo pod or freight unit. That will round out the main roster, unless I add some more "reward" units.
    I must extend a big thanks to fairline once more for being really just the best CIV2 artist around. I hope this scenario is a testament to his work. :)

2. Fairline

Fairline Chieftain

Pleasure, Ciaran :)

On your placeholders you're using the frieghter-thingy from the TIE fighter and X-Wing games. Is that what you're after, or would you prefer just a cargo pod on its own? Hope your PC problems are sorted btw, and I'm really looking forward to the scenario. Off on a tangent, Erika mentioned the game SW Empires at War which I hadn't played for years; it turns out I'd bought it in some Steam sale or other so I've been replaying with the mod 'Thrawn's Revenge', which has a pretty similar premise to your scenario I think. What a great game! Recommended to those who've never played it before and great fodder for civ scenario ideas...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  3. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

Thanks, sir!

The cargo pod is completely open to your interpretation, sir. Something colourful and space-corp looking.
    In my view, those old games, with characters like Thrawn are the direction they should have taken the sequels.
    This is why I am doing the scenario in the outer reaches, to pay homage to the old SW games...:)

4. Fairline

Fairline Chieftain

Will do. While ive been making these units i got sucked into the whole canon versus legend controversy. It appears your man Thrawn has received disney canonization, so I'm sure he'll appear at some point in a future game or movie