Screen resolution and game crashes

psparky

King
Does playing at a higher screen resolution than 1920x1080 make game crashes more likely? I'm interested in input based on personal experience or that from a theoretical standpoint.

Been playing at 3440x1440 for ages. Crashes occur rarely at the end of the game, probably unrelated to screen resolution.

All fine playing on a dual monitor setup 2560x1440/120Hz, In my experience crasher are due to memory hiccups and bad handling due to win32 code.

Play quite fine on 2560x1440 as well. Last version I feel like I'm getting some more crashes late game, but otherwise I've played quite smoothly on this resolution.

All fine playing on a dual monitor setup 2560x1440/120Hz, In my experience crasher are due to memory hiccups and bad handling due to win32 code.
Would it be theoretically possible to have worse stability if you're running on lower quality RAM? It seems like some people have far worse stability than others, regardless of settings.

maybe not low quality, but possibly with faulty ram, but you would be experiencing crashes on other games too

Overclocking the CPU or using some non-standard BIOS settings may also make the system less stable.

Thanks for the replies and ideas guys :)

I'm considering upgrading but also wondering if I might be making trouble for myself. My brother plays the same old version as me, with the same mods and game settings (sometimes even the same starts). He gets random non-reproducible crashes maybe once a week - I've had one in over two years. His system has way higher specs than mine, so he plays at higher resolution and uses the larger UI, so I wondered if that might be behind his crashes. Based on the feedback that now seems unlikely.

Top Bottom