Screenshot using JCIVED of current game

Really like that GIF! How much work was that to do? (As in, time taken...)

I wrote some simple scripts for saving, archiving, opening JCIVED and storing a screenshot. That was several hours of work, but the match probably took 30 hours anyway.

Making the animation was easy. GIMP did it all in a few seconds. Yay GIMP. And then, GIPHY seems kind enough to host a 6 megabyte gif file.

As far as veteran bombers "having mechanical problems" and crashing when attacking phalanxes, I guess it was about what I expected:

Dead Phalanxes = 560:c5strength:
Dead Bombers = 600:c5strength:

So while the phalanxes won, the bombers & friends did manage to take out all the other, 1-defense units losing only a single cruiser.

:spear:

Attachments

• losses_greeks3.png
    losses_greeks3.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 281
I have a lot of these late games which I stop playing as I don't find a fun way to proceed. So I'm wondering if you guys can come up with some fun ideas.

With this one still in doubt what the best strategy is at this point. It's 1900, the Romans beat me in building the Apollo Program, and my space program is lacking behind them and the English, probably as it only receives funding from St. Louis.

My defense policy and doctrine has been based on intercepting and destroying enemy transport vessels and fortify the coasts to prevent any landings. For this I rely on a submarine fleet for reconaissance and offensive actions and some battleships and cruisers. My most vulnerable coastline is protected by divisions mechanized infantery.

Although this isolationism policy worked fine for years keeping the people happy intervention might be necessary to not lose the space race. I was thinking at taking on the Romans first. Clear the sealines with my fleet, as my bombers can reach the north-roman empire clear the area their to establish a beach head and land with an army group to capture Carthage. At the same time I would work on building an Army group supported by the other Island for an upcoming invasion of the English Island.

I didn't build any nukes and not planning to as I would like to resolve this conventially

What would you do to keep this game interesting?

Attachments

• CIVIL9.SVE_256.png
    CIVIL9.SVE_256.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 171
  • CIVIL3.MAP
    15.3 KB · Views: 150
  • CIVIL3.SVE
    37 KB · Views: 130
Are the Aztecs also in the space race? After you whack Rome (easy), you should do Tenochtitlan too, to get them out of the space race. Then you can delay your ship and play about with the barbarian English and Mongols...

As for Rome, just land some mech. inf. on the hills north of it to cut it off from Carthage and take/encircle Caesarea to cut it off completely. Then pound/siege it into oblivion.

Depends on how you define fun. You can't really call this game "in doubt" and maybe that's why it isn't as entertaining as one might wish.

I took a look at it and your treasury (maxed @30,000) plus the 500GPT going up in smoke are quite sufficient to buy a fully loaded spaceship, which is 9200 shields, well before the Romans get anywhere with what they are building. If you hate real microing then just do that. Sell a couple cities' Mfg. Plants and Barracks and use those cities to switch-buy the 12 modules with Rax (160G) → Mfg (560G) → Module.

If you wanted to put some more hours in, then build bombers and carriers for conquering the map. It will take a while. Both options will take about the same amount of turns but the wars will take a lot of managing.

I should mention, I'm really impressed with your establishing foreign trade routes without making contact with the other civs.

Top Bottom