[SDK Civ IV WAR] Piece by Piece

Geebo you gotta sign-up as a beta-tester you know. I barely have time play the game, I have 3 BC planes open merging and editing stuff, a CodeBlocks and notepad for the SDK, and a civ IV running at low priority at the background.

I check in from time to time to see how the game has progressed and if there are any python errors in the logs. You on the other hand actually play the game, so you probably have a better idea of what is not happening as it should.

About the speed, no I haven't changed it yet. I have yet to balance things out since all civs sprawl after railroads, so with extra cash, tech advancements need to take a serious reweighing.

Also, Celtia will be joning its Mongol brothers and sisters in the Barbarian trait come the next version. Since no XML additions will be occuring, you should be able to put in the new files and replay the saves with more accurate and balanced opponents.

Edit:

How do i become a beta tester?(sorry if this is a ignoarant question), also I see you added some flavor buildings as forbidden palaces, they look good however, I think there is a mistake though, the Statue of Zeus says it requires 1 city, should be 8 as the other Flavored Forbidden Palaces are such as the Ziggurat of Marduk, and Leonardo's Workshop, figured I point this out too you...

you sure, try again...it was a rar for me...

edit: ocedius im trying to find someone to make a world map for this with the new resources implemented, if I knew how to I would make it myself, but I think this Mod has many capabilities to become another Total Realism, or Sevo, anything you need let me know I got you...

geebo said:
How do i become a beta tester?(sorry if this is a ignoarant question), also I see you added some flavor buildings as forbidden palaces, they look good however, I think there is a mistake though, the Statue of Zeus says it requires 1 city, should be 8 as the other Flavored Forbidden Palaces are such as the Ziggurat of Marduk, and Leonardo's Workshop, figured I point this out too you...

Fixed the incosistency between buildings of the same type. Thanks for the heads-up.

Also I feel that "The Lopez's Building Resource Converter" http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=179993, would be a great addition...check it out, however I do not know how difficult it will be to implement.just some suggestions!(sorry for the double post)

Interesting. Very yummy indeed. Need to figure this one out without making the mod into a bloated jigsaw puzzle with too much micro-management for players.

Edit: As far as being a beta tester, that would include you in the beta tester credits, publically unreleased updates as single or multiple files that would replace files within the mod. Then there is the testing, and testing, AND retesting of the mod with different traits and civs to see if anyone has a too large of an advantage over others, and finally, you have to swear an oath of celibacy.

Well, scratch the last part. :lol:

If you are still interested, PM me and we'll take it from there. :)

Assuming (and I think you are) that the project is planning to continue. I would be glad to beta/test as well as code/merge and Plan/Design. I was going to attempt to do a mod that was Africa based, but I kept getting cought up in the question of making it a mod or a scenario and if its a mod WHY not make something more global....

Maybe what would be good for you, since it looks like your trying to gather a team together is to post what the design goals of the mod is.

ocedius check pm....

nice Ket! looks like we got something going!...

Take a peek at the new mod that was posted (it should be a mod comp) for warlords,

Arioch's Warlords Flavor Units Mod v1.0
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=182462

Although I am wondering how it would combine with Rabbit White's Ethnically Diverse Units as I have not loaded up BC2 to take a look at the files yet.

Question on the SDK do we use 1.61 SDK for warlords or is there another SDK posted somewhere?

Any chance of an options feature for some things, some of the stuff might be interesting to turn on and off (3 square radius comes to mind, I still cant figure if I like it or not, I do know my cities seem to cap out at around 22-25 pop with factory/coal plant) due to unhealthy and I seem to take unhealthy WAY more serious in this mod as disease will absolutely RIP through an empire.

Arioch's flavor units look good I was looking at them earlier, however Im guessing that some from Rabbits' will overlap eachother and cause some type of conflict..

i agree we should have an option to turn certain features on and off, unhealthiness seems to be affecting me drastically as well, disease is annoying but I like it...

Ket said:
Take a peek at the new mod that was posted (it should be a mod comp) for warlords,

Arioch's Warlords Flavor Units Mod v1.0
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=182462

Although I am wondering how it would combine with Rabbit White's Ethnically Diverse Units as I have not loaded up BC2 to take a look at the files yet.

Question on the SDK do we use 1.61 SDK for warlords or is there another SDK posted somewhere?

Any chance of an options feature for some things, some of the stuff might be interesting to turn on and off (3 square radius comes to mind, I still cant figure if I like it or not, I do know my cities seem to cap out at around 22-25 pop with factory/coal plant) due to unhealthy and I seem to take unhealthy WAY more serious in this mod as disease will absolutely RIP through an empire.

AriochIV's mod seems to introduce UG to UUs. Most are already used here as the draw from the scenario files in Warlords. The rest shouldn't be a problem.

Warlords' SDK is the default warlords folder. So its not as public as the vanilla SDK that was released over the website. I know we still need the 1.61 patch to make it work though.

About turning off the options, that requires way way too much code interception via python/C++, something the FfH team or Sevo could do but then I am kinda new to this myself.

And yes, the health is going to be an issue. I kind found it silly that Russia as a civ could have a city twice my size could they grew faster and took over most of the health food bonuses. :mad:

agreed it took me awhile for.27c, I thought I just had a bad connection at that moment...

ocedius said:
About turning off the options, that requires way way too much code interception via python/C++, something the FfH team or Sevo could do but then I am kinda new to this myself.

And yes, the health is going to be an issue. I kind found it silly that Russia as a civ could have a city twice my size could they grew faster and took over most of the health food bonuses. :mad:

From a programatical standpoint it does not seem "that hard" also TheLopez has the great options mod to branch off of. Anyway the point may be moot, it may be best to keep that mod in

Strangely Enough was playing Russia in my .25 game. Got the game up to about 1901, Standard Fractal Map. Severe shortage of Iron at first but I did get one and that was enough to Capitulate both the Inca's And Japan that started on my landmass. Got the Celts to Capitulate after a VERY quick war (I took one city and they folded) and then disease wrecked through my navies and transports and it was a nightmare. I also lost most of my workers right before I discovered Lumbar Mill's. Wondering if the disease rate needs to be tweaked or if I had Aqueducts up to heal them.

Was trying for the UN Vote Win (Diplo/Back Door) But need to get a few transport loads of troops over to the other continent with Celts/Zulu/Greek but my troops keep getting killed by disease on the boats, DAMN SCURVY!!! But I have lemons!!!!!! :)

Downloading .27c now.

EDIT/Addition/Bug
While the Ancient Temple is in there is no worker action to "explore it"

strategyonly said:
I am going to add you to my Warlords list, if thats ok with you?

no .... NOOOOOOOO :p

Strangely Enough was playing Russia in my .25 game. Got the game up to about 1901, Standard Fractal Map. Severe shortage of Iron at first but I did get one and that was enough to Capitulate both the Inca's And Japan that started on my landmass. Got the Celts to Capitulate after a VERY quick war (I took one city and they folded) and then disease wrecked through my navies and transports and it was a nightmare. I also lost most of my workers right before I discovered Lumbar Mill's. Wondering if the disease rate needs to be tweaked or if I had Aqueducts up to heal them.

That was aproblem in that version. I removed the chance for naval vessels to get disease. I mean, how 'WOULD' you get a ship to become diseased? with finrot perhaps :)

Was trying for the UN Vote Win (Diplo/Back Door) But need to get a few transport loads of troops over to the other continent with Celts/Zulu/Greek but my troops keep getting killed by disease on the boats, DAMN SCURVY!!! But I have lemons!!!!!!
Somehow, that sounds very dirty :lol:

EDIT/Addition/Bug
While the Ancient Temple is in there is no worker action to "explore it"

oops :mischief:

ocedius, wouldn't Saldin being charismatic also make him somewhat overpowered if not really overpowered, I play with him somewhat often, and I think this will make him a cultural power house, but will see... trying now...

Saladin is known for being (1) cultural, (2) defensive, (3) diplomatic, and (4) forgiving when his armies were victorious. So either I add a new diplomatic trait via the SDk for bonus relations against enemies in times of war, or a short cut make him charismatic.

If he is owerpowered, we need to remember that at this time only a handful of leaders are tri-trait and most have the original twin-traits. Lots of balancing to come.

suggestion: winery should come with pottery, and cottages with monarchy, this makes alot more sense from a historical view point atleast...

also the scrub fallout action which has been added, this is useless until nukes i suppose?so then why is the action present from the start?

Top Bottom