SDK not working, want to design me a map?

silverspirit

Chieftain
Since the last patch, I cannot launch the civ SDK, no matter what I try.

But I need my fix, and I want to play an outrageous game.

Simply put, I want to play monty, deity, huge map, no goody huts, single city challenge, raging barbarians, who goes to war instantly with any civ it meets, and will not make peace, unless he gets hefty tribute. Also, their will be 19 civs, and no city states. Oh, And I want to go for a science victory - without using any trade agreements or research agreements.

The problem is, getting a decent map start, without infinite re-rolling the map.

So I want someone to design me a huge map, next to a estuary, so my sea access is only 3 squares, crammed with whales and fish, next to a river and mountain, with lots of jungle. No horses, but iron will be needed (on a hill with 6 iron), and some Aluminum - 8 should be enough. Last resource needs to be elephants, on a plain. Some banana's would also be good.

So does anyone want to design me a map? Would prefer archipelago with low sea levels, but any would do.

Could even make it into a challenge map, see if anyone could survive?

Believe it or not, you're not running the latest patch. The 332 patch did indeed break ModBUilder. There's been a hotfix released since then. Get on to Steam, pull it down and try again ;)

Alas, my steam account is on automatic update, But I keep verifying the game cache, which always tells me one file is missing, and will be downloaded.

I have repeated tried this since the hot-fix came out, to no avail. It stops the whole SDK loading, steam just says the game is currently unavailable - ie its a steam error, not a CIV error.

But nevermind - someone still wanna design a map?

Top Bottom