Season 6 of the Medal Play Series

Originally posted by cracker
It just means that you can guarantee that the game will be a unique, one-of-a-kind experience.

When you die and go to your grave clutching your precious Civ3 disk in your cold, rigor cast hands, your last dying words will be:

"(Your Mother's name)"
"(Your Spouse's name, I love you."
"I still remember Gotm24-Korea"

- and -

"Rosebud"

"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl."

And we'll be playing GOTM24 somewhat longer! :cool:

Naboo,

I hope you meant 1996!!! or are you really that old :)

denyd@
Note the quote marks. Naboo's soliloquy is from Citizen Kane (as is Crackers post regarding your dying words. "Rosebud" is the last word uttered by the dying Kane.

He's one place you can go to educate yourself a little bit about the Citizen Kane references flying around here:

Chicago Sun Times: A Viewer's Companion to 'Citizen Kane'

Of course this is with respect to the movie. You should go to your public library and get the book.

Originally posted by denyd
Naboo,

I hope you meant 1996!!! or are you really that old :)

No, not too many parasols to be seen in 1996 :)

Like Control Freak said, it's from Citizen Kane, and of all the scenes in the movie it is that one that haunts my mind over the years even though it's a fleeting moment in the story.

Originally posted by zagnut
Cracker is an engineer with an intellectual twist.
What are you saying. Engineers aren't normally intellectual?:mad: ;)

No...
they normally have lost too much of their precious time scrubbing the nose on the Pc screen... to handle references in matter of precious films

Also, their graduation is a bit more serious and useful than a historical one
:grad:

[some chattering just to use my favourite smile]

Hello,
I'm new for the Medal Play Series.
What do I have to do in order to participate.
Where can I download the .sav files each times (except for the normal GOTM)
Thanks
LeSphinx

@LeSphinx

To participate just submit (using the normal GOTM submission process) with the required victory condition.

I guess the right hand side tournament table (that CDB mentioned) will be updated when 6-2 comes out. 6-1 should keep you more than busy until then though ;).

As regards 'Citizen Kane,' I wish I was 'Abel' to quote from the film but alas... :lol:

'Kane' and 'Abel'...geddit!?!

(I'm sure there must have been poorer puns than this 'un)

I'm looking forward to getting my sticky hands on the Persians from the 15th onwards.

I've been doing some extensive reading and experimenting with tactics, so I hope to be posting better scores soon...

The Persians are pretty useful and their 'Immortals' are awesome as an early UU. It should be interesting.

Can I speculate about it on this thread...?

Top Bottom