[NFP] Secret Societies Simple Balance

Zbrugs

Chieftain
I know that Nere has already built a mod that rebalances secret socities, but I feel that it goes too far and makes too many changes to the game mechanics. I would like a simpler one.

It would be interesting if people posted their modding solutions to rebalance the secret societies, for getting some basic ideas about the changes that the majority would like to see adjusted.

My contribution:

Hermetic Order: I believe this is the weakest and uninteresting society, because of the randomness of ley lines and the fact that has basically no distinctive power associated. Besides, the unique building seems to be the weakest of all.

Buff: Alchemy Society should give +1 or +2 GP points for scientists each.

Owls of Minerva: This gold focused society is all about gold and trade, which can buy other stuff more easily, so it seems a safe choice just to boost gold. I feel that this is the balance point society.

Nerf: The 3% revenue, on the 4th tier, seems too much. 1% should be enough.

Sanguine Pact: It is all about Vampires and Castles. Vampires never die and become kamikazes for domination civs. They are brutally powerfull and accumulate power and heals too easily.

Nerf: No new Vampire on tier 2 and 4. So the max Vampires would be 2 per civ, instead of 4.
Or: Keep the 4 Vampires, but to heal them you have to spend gold.

Voidsingers: This faith based society has a few combos that make it too powerfull and the cultists seem too powerfull for humans and useless for AI, which is a disappointment and the most unbalanced society.

Nerf: Lower faith bonus from Old God Obelisk from +4 to +2.
And: Lower the bonus of Canticle effect from 20% to 10% of faith of that city.
And: Increase the cost of Cultists, from 100 Faith to 600 Faith (same as rock bands), will make it harder for humans and reduce spamming for AI.

Please feed your thoughts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom