Secretary of War - Early Exploration

Chieftess said:
There's a warrior much closer to it. Also, we can send the scout south (SE perhaps?) to find forest/hills to rest on for a bit. It can be promoted, which WILL heal the unit somewhat.
I understand the warrior's closer, and that the promotion would heal it a bit. I was merely bringing the point up for discussion, whether or not it would be better to leave the scout in the south healing and let the warrior get the hut, or bring the scout north and explore the hut, then heal faster in our territory.

fe3333au said:
Excuse this old slow idiot ... where can I find screenies with all this new info ... suddenly our capital founded and scout ?? (or is it a warrior ??) injured (from what and where) ... I'm confused :crazyeye:
I got it from here, scroll down to post #11 (how do you link somebody to a specific post in a thread, anyway?).

Oh, screenshots. I believe the idoit party posted some, let me see....

Yes, here, page 8 of their thread, scroll down to #158.

@The appriopriate authority: This is not how official reports should be handled, searching through party threads for information.

Mr. G said:
Oh, screenshots. I believe the idoit party posted some, let me see....

Yes, here, page 8 of their thread, scroll down to #158.

@The appriopriate authority: This is not how official reports should be handled, searching through party threads for information.

Thanks a lot for the link!

@The appriopriate authority: Is it possible to post a screenshots in such a way so that they are visible in Netscape and Firefox?

May I ask what promotion we wish to give to our scout?

I'd also send the scout SE. That's the direction I was going to move him in to find forest.

TSteamer said:
And if folks read the above post please note that it is crystal clear that DZ was refering to the warrior as a "scout".

He was refering to the Warrior as a Scout - no argument there, that wasn't what the debate during the chat was about at all. The debate was about the reason for that erroneous reference, which is that he *believed* we indeed had a Scout. Had he know the Warrior is not really a Scout, he might have made another decision. Therefore the instructions of DZ was irrelevant, and *that* was what the debate was about.

Just because DZ confused Warrior with Scout doesn't mean his instructions for the (non-existing) Scout are to be transferred to the Warrior. If there is an instruction saying "trade our Construction for Astronomy with our neighbour" (which would be a fair trade), but the author confused Astromony with Optics (which is *way* less valueable than Astronomy), should we still be bound to trade Construction for Optics? I clear don't think so.

Chieftess said:
I'd also send the scout SE. That's the direction I was going to move him in to find forest.

I second that, and I'd like him to be moved onto a Forest/Jungle Hill where he can heal then.

TSteamer said:
Forgive my armchair quarterbacking, but I still cant believe we lost that NW hut because of that silly debate. We should have moved to it immediately once we saw it and then a roaming Mongol got it.

You're confusing the NW hut with the SE hut. A rather strange confusion, because you were there with us during the chat.

Keep SCOUT in a southerly direction and the WARRIOR should stay near the capital and scout the local territory for resources

I was at the discussion and thought we had lost the NW hut. It wasn't until the screenshots came out later that I realized my error.

I second going after Woodsman II.

Since the Mongols are coming from the south (either from straigt south or southeast), there can't be that many more GHs to the South. I think we should run our Scout north to pop the hut, then keep it going north to see if we can find more in the north. I think it's more important to find GHs now than to find the Mongols.

The NW hut is 3-4 turns from the warrior. the scout might need to go SW or west to stay ahead of the Mongoloid, if GH is his main purpose. I'd rather see the land scouted out before the land is claimed and borders are not opened.

I second George OP's motion.

(Go Brewers!:beer: :banana: :bounce: :clap: :rockon: )

People of our nation,

Please accept my apologies for the two instances of unclear instruction during our first turn session.

1. Regarding our initial "scout," all I can say is that this minister did not have time to open the save, so I went from memory with the information garnered from my own personal game in which I received a scout first. I can assure you all that the War Ministry takes the deployment of our troops seriously, and that we are taking every step in the future to ensure we properly categorize all militia (see avatar).

2. Lamentably, lack of time also precluded me from having the presence of mind to leave the most basic of all instructions, one that has been instilled in my being since I began playing the Civ series some 10-odd years ago: OPEN ALL VISIBLE GOODIE HUTS! :eek: I once again regret this glaring error of oversight.

Now that the damage has been done, I will do my best to move us forward from here. Our next turn session is nearly 20 hours away, so I must act fast! That said, I will be returning shortly with a link to my next discussion thread. I'd like to thank you all for your continued patience.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Secretary of War

Top Bottom