SETI? And you want it WHERE!

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Okay.. Please hold your fire for a moment or so. Once I am done with this post, feel free to attack.
With the use of a GL (and only by a GL), I propose we build the Search for Extra Terestrial Life (otherwise known as SETI) in...

PENGUIN

Yes, I know. Another SaaM Penguin proposal. But this one I mean. Throughout Fanatikan history, while we built up our military to what it is today, there was a city doing the scientific lifting. That city was Penguin. From the time between the death of the Great Library to the milking of the Great Greek Cash Cow, Penguin was Fanatika's ONLY science city. While the wars of drum were being built to begin beating at the rate of a Civ per TC, Penguin Scientists were in the library, working on technology.
So, it is for these reasons I feel that Penguin would be an ideal site for SETI. Not for usefulness. We need not worry about science as we go out and reach 66%, but for historical reasons.

Please consider this proposal.

SaaM

NOW... You can open fire.

Well we must always keep aesthetics in mind, and seek to make this game for than jsut something we're trying to win, I believe that we should have SETI in the city where it will be of greatest benefit.

First of all, if it is under-utilized it will take longer to pay for its oppurtunity cost. Also, the culture must be properly proportioned to a city that will take greatest advantage of it as well.

But of course, we must remember that we should not be playing this just to win, but to make things seem beautiful (not exactly greatest term I know.) And thus, a city with a scientific heritage will have some claim to this wonder (as you claim Penguin does) out of that argument.

And lastly, I'd like to here more on Penguins contributions, just curiosity, if you don't mind Stuck. Thanks for your time

What I meant by that old friend was exactly how did it do this. Sorry for my less than adequate wording. How was it the only tech source? And Stuck, I'll support your proposal with all my skill.

It was the only tech source because we lacked the funding for a LONG time and we were on the 0% science slider straegy. Penguin had a scientist and kept the research going. Of course, a GL would required seeing as penguin is 5spt.
Thats how Penguin was our only science source
(BTW- We DID end up researching a tech or two this way by just having them add up)

Back in the days when we set our reseach percentage to 0%, we had no scientific research at all. Thus, a citizen in the city of Penguin was converted to a scientist, becoming the only source of research for the empire. This worked on the concept that just even a minimal ammount of research (2 beakers in this example) creates tech learning every 40 turns.

If we are thinking aesthetically, then I believe that Penguin would be the ideal location.

Not only was this city our sole source of science research for nearly two ages, it is also in a less developed part of our nation.....far away from the bright city lights and bustle of our larger cities.

What better place to search the stars or send and retrieve radio signals than from a remote location like Penguin? We will be able to set our sights on 10 times as many stars, and will experience virtually no radio interference in the city of Penguin.

If we get the opportunity, let's build SETI in Penguin. It's merits are both honorable and aesthetically viable.

I agree, Penguin would be best for the asthetic approach. But Kyoto would be the best city to place it at 78 beakers. And I would love to own the SETI project. :D

Since it is really going to make little to no difference, I have no problem with building it in Penguin.

Originally posted by eyrei
Since it is really going to make little to no difference, I have no problem with building it in Penguin.

My thoughts exactly. Why not let Stuck and his city have it?

I say give it to Penguin. SaAM is a dedicated citizen, who in my mind deserves this little reward :D.

Lets build it in penguin... Penguin rocks..

Top Bottom