Setting new terrain latitude

The Snug

The Civ Heretic
So, I've added a new terrain type, and got the mapscript to place it, the problem is, it's only plotting it in tundra areas. How do I control the latitude ranges for new terrains?

I think I've seen you mention SmartMap in another post, is that the map script in question (which options? I think it has quite a few ...)? How did you get it to place the new terrain? The latitude limits should be set in some generateTerrainAtPlot function either in the map script or in CvMapGeneratorUtil.py. SmartMap also seems to be bundled (always?) with MapScriptTools.py, which has a function getLatitudeBorders that might play a role.

I think I've seen you mention SmartMap in another post, is that the map script in question (which options? I think it has quite a few ...)? How did you get it to place the new terrain? The latitude limits should be set in some generateTerrainAtPlot function either in the map script or in CvMapGeneratorUtil.py. SmartMap also seems to be bundled (always?) with MapScriptTools.py, which has a function getLatitudeBorders that might play a role.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Other mods that use new terrains have updated the popular map scripts to include their terrain, so I just copied their changes for marsh terrain. I still haven't tried to add more terrains beyond that yet, but I'll try soon. I'll look for the generateTerrainAtPlot function. I just started learning python.

MapScriptTools.py is a much later (at least a decade) tool that someone made for adding new terrains. I've looked at it, but it's still over my head. The creator for that tool did create updated mapscripts for all the popular maps (including smartmap) which I've been looking through. I'll probably be better at this in another week once I've finished learning python.

Thanks for the info about MapScriptTools. Looks like quite a monstrosity but at least seems fairly well documented (the bulk of that being appended at the end of the file).

Top Bottom