Sevopedia editing

Le Sage

Emperor
Hello. I merged BUG with my Fairy Tale mod mostly because of Sevopedia, but I find BUG useful in so many ways in my mod otherwise too. I have a few questions about Sevopedia editing.

A. Where do I actually put in my text? I tried editing the CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_BTS.xml, as I would usually have done in the regular Civilopedia, but that did nothing.

B. How do I turn off units, buildings, leaders etc in the Sevopedia that are not used in my mod. My game ends in the Middle Ages and I don't want tanks and nuclear missiles in my Sevopedia either. I just want the stiff that concerns my specific mod.

C. Is there a way of making the leader portraits larger in the Sevopedia entries for leaders?

Thanks for BUG! It really makes a difference in Fairy Tale! :goodjob:

A. Where do I actually put in my text?

You can create a new file that contains just the entries you want to change and put that file(s) into the XML/Text folder. Copy an existing one and remove all the entries you don't need. That should do it.

B. How do I turn off units, buildings, leaders etc in the Sevopedia that are not used in my mod.

I think they have bGraphicalOnly entries that you can set to 1. Since you'll need to include replacement CIV4UnitInfos.xml (and buildings and leaders, etc) to do this, you may as well just remove the ones you don't want.

The other way to do it would be to create a list of all items to remove and do that in the SevoPedia Python files. I think that's more work, though.

For units and buildings I think you can set their cost to 0 or -1. For C. Is there a way of making the leader portraits larger in the Sevopedia entries for leaders?[/quote]

You'd have to modify the SevoPediaLeader.py module and rearrange the other info on that screen. Oh, are you talking about the list or the single-leader detail page?

Glad you're enjoying BUG. :)

Top Bottom