SGOTM 08 - Gypsy Kings

Actually with the current hof mod the number of tiles required from dom goes up if the AI makes a colony, this is a bug...

The Roster order is

munro - waiting
mystyfly - waiting
Rusten - waiting
Conquistador63 - waiting
adrianj - waiting
hellwitch - just played...Very well done!!!
oyzar - UP NOW
Ronnie1 - waiting
da_Vinci - waiting

I am sorry but i don't feel I have the effort to put into this game right now so would be prefered to be skipped for this inning... How come we went right past adrian / mystyfly / conquisador / rusten ? None of them are feeling like playing?

We've kind of done away with the turn order in the interests of keeping things moving. The last few turns IIRC have been Ronnie -> Oyzar -> Munro -> AdrianJ -> HW.

It's been a long time since we've heard from Rusten.
Mysty - how is your computer/BtS install situation?
It seems a while since C63 played, and I don't think dV has managed to keep up due to other restrictions on his time.

Is there an easy way to count all the land tiles of the map? Does our current 37.8% land area include 50% of Ghandi's?

If so, then we currently have (452 + 58/2) / 1272 = 37.8%. For domination we need 62% = 789.

After the borders of our new HRE cities expand we'll have an extra ~100 tiles.

HRE has ~88 left, so as a vassal contributes ~44. Total of 625. This is still well under the limit to give us time to take the appropriate Roman cities and build the other wonders.

Rome currently has 220 tiles, so we could vassalize Rome and still be under the limit. At which point it would probably be easier to win by conquest.

I think we could try a peace deal with Charlemagne for capitulation and his cities of Tolosa and Durnovaria

I can play if none of the better warmongers of the team are interested. In that case I will wait a day or two for directions and comments on the above suggested tech path and aj's war/diplo recommendations.

In fact I am kinda disappointed with the generally low level of interest/commitment of the team for this game. Maybe the pitboss game (which is rock-bottom priority for me, I certainly won't join another) is draining the team's energy? :p

The Roster order is

munro - waiting
mystyfly - waiting
Rusten - waiting
Conquistador63 - UP NOW
adrianj - waiting
oyzar - skipped by request
Ronnie1 - traveling
da_Vinci - in reserve

As to C63's comment, I am sorry I have not been more active personally. My civ time is just really limited right now because of life issues...bummer for me.

I have been watching the progress however and am very pleasantly surprised at how well the last 3 turnsets have gone. I am fully confident that C63 will put up another good one!

My BtS and HoF installations are fine AFAIK. I just can't launch AssetsChecker (I get an error there) but I don't have time this week anyway. It's the last before the holidays and we have lots of test; it's my final year after all :(

I could play next week (which is still well in before the deadline).

I can play if none of the better warmongers of the team are interested. In that case I will wait a day or two for directions and comments on the above suggested tech path and aj's war/diplo recommendations.

In fact I am kinda disappointed with the generally low level of interest/commitment of the team for this game. Maybe the pitboss game (which is rock-bottom priority for me, I certainly won't join another) is draining the team's energy? :p

I'm intrested but it will turn out in single player game, don't you think?

If you want i can give you more detail plan for the invasion. But i don't know when i will have free time to make it as my wife is currently very annoyed from civ :lol: .

Be aware that currently 1 turn could need more than 30 min to consider where with what to attack to be most efficient.

As i said be aware that the Greeks are vassals of Rome. So we will need to have couterattack stacks there(2 will be enough if the railroad is finished) with 4-5 artileries . IMO we better to use the GA for culture bomb to help uor diffense on the long war front.

From AJ calcs looks like we better vassalize HRE now. We could gift him rifling and with "attack this or that .." command to use him vs Pericle.

Also we must be aware that if we vassalize Rome we could auto vassalize Pericle too if he is still vassal of Rome and this could lead in unexpected Domination win.

If we vassalize Rome I believe this causes Pericles to be released. I'll check this somehow tomorrow - i think i have an appropriate test game for it.

@C63 - If you get as far as Rome offering capitulation, stop, and we can reassess.

I agree with having HRE help us out by giving him rifling.

Ok, I've spent some time looking at last save, and now I'm prepared to ask a few specific questions:
1. Charlie capitulated - we got 2 cities on the celtic border as aj suggested. I gave him gunpowder/rep.parts (can give rifling next, should give Miltrad too?) making him stop trading with Augustus/Joao. We are now at 42% land (62% is the limit), some 230 tiles to spare.
2. PreWar vs Rome/Greece:
2.1 I suppose we need to wait to reposition the army from the HRE front - mostly mounted units. Should those be kept close to greek borders or invade or...?
2.2 Galleons from Portugal - do we wait to fill them up or bring what we have?
2.3 Galleons from India - do we load those cannons which are garrisoning the city on the Roman borders?
2.4 Attack order: coastal (or near coastal) cities, counterclockwise?
2.5 Unload like one big stack or divide them to reduce siege counter-attack?
2.6 Airships: sorry for the noob question, but how those work again? Like air bombers (go back and forth from base) or like a flying catapult? It's been a while since I last used them (and not more than once IIRC)
3. Remaining wonders: any suggestions where Globe and Forbidden Palace should go? And the new ones from Radio and Mass Media?

p.s. I saved the game after the capitulation deal but didn't end the current turn.

You see, this can be a tough task for a player like me - but rest assured I will try my best.

Airships are indeed like bombers...except they do NOT cause collateral damage. On the plus side...they don't die until fighters show up.

Split the stacks IMO to get the fastest results....25-30% more units than defending...

In other words, can we attack multiple cities at the same time??? I haven't actually had a chance to look at the current save...but if we can attack more than 1 city at a time, I think we should.

Forbidden Palace on the new continent???

Globe....where are we having happy issues??? If none, where do we anticipate happy issues?

Galleons...move the current units and set up a galleon chain so we can unload fresh troops every other turn.

Can we backfill for the cannons??? This would be ideal.

I don't have a lot of time for input right now - but I would think FP and Globe can just go wherever there is plenty of production for them. FP is pretty much redundant under state property IIRC, and the game likely won't last long enough for any city to develop severe happiness issues.

First Rome and Pericle has units and they will form at least 1 per AI free stack.
IMO on ther Pericle front we must keep 2 stack which must be on a railroad from India to Knossos to be able to couterattack whereever enemy stacks apear.
I think we defenetly will not make offense from the land at least in the first 3-4 turns.

The war plan is to declare war then wait 2 turns for the AIs to move their troops from the cities to the front line and then unload the galleons. The two stack from the galeons will face quite less resistance that way.
I dont like the prespective to unload on turn 0 of the war then to be attacked from siege wepons and at the end to face 10-15 units garnisoned in Cumae for example.

For this tacitic we will need some siege units on the continent to weaken the enemy stack but first use the airships - they are realy like bombers(more like week figthers in fact) but they can do only 25% damage overall so dont relly on them that much.

We also need time to complete Radio, Mass media and facism wonders so dont be too mu ch in a hurry for the war. IMO declare after between 5 and 8 turns.

For the wonders just make them that way that all of them will be done in less then 15 from this point. At this point of the game 15 turn are a lot - for example the complete continental invasion up to here is exactly 16 turns i.e. for 16 turns we were able to make invasion from the west coast of the continent to the east coast.

BE aware that in the desant stacks we dont need too many siege units but Infantry to be able to make kills. Also as most of the enemy troops will be rifles dont use cavs and cuirsaisers for the invasion but keep the for a diffence.

About the build - make most of the troops in Portugal and the wonders in our old cities to less time for transoprt.

Dont use gold for upg. because currently our advance was so good that the research could comeback as the limiting factor for victory.

Keep the espionage for Rome only to be able to see what they are researching sooner!!!

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I have been short on time to play much this week, but last night I started another short session where I sent an Airship and a scout on recon mission, so I was able to map out most of Roman territory. There are less troops than I imagined. Rome does have lots of cats sitting there, see labels in each city.
EDIT: just found big stack in Ravenna: 6 cav/6rif/4kni/7treb/4WE/6 other

And after culture-bombing the HRE city as HW suggested we're now at 47% land. As we got Radio the wonder currently taking longer to build is Eiffel - 13t from t239.

Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG

I plan to have played most of the turnset (maybe close to the endgame) until next Sunday, hopefully that is ok with you.

c63 just be aware that te lbs and pike will be upg. to rifles when the war start. Also the knights will be upg. to cav.

IMO the biggest treat are the cavs becuase if the AI throw them over one target they could succeed. So my adv. is to use the airships to reduce cav. health on turn 0 of the war.

I played up to turn 250 (1700AD). Unfortunately I ran out of time before completing the expected task (Augustus willing to capitulate). I should also be away from game PC for a couple weeks so it's next player turn.

We captured 2 of the target Roman cities and we have 2 stacks on their way to Rome. IIRC we're 5 turns away from the latest wonder (Hollywood), and 7 turns from next GP in Ulundi. We got a GProphet who founded the Islamic shrine. Next one will be hopefully a GE for a corp - if a GPro we'll need to take Boudica's Tao holy city.

We're 4turns from Industrialism if we want to go there.

War-wise I did as HW suggested (waited some 5 turns to declare, then a couple turns to unload galleons, but Augustus' and Pericles' bigger stacks stayed inside their unimportant cities until now.

Augustus still won't capitulate but Pericles has just freed himself from being a vassal. We have like 51% land and Augustus has 16%. I believe his capitulation by itself won't get us past land Dom. threshold.

HOF Autolog
Spoiler :
Nagara Jayasri begins: Globe Theatre (60 turns)
Stone Town begins: Forbidden Palace (10 turns)
Nagara Jayasri begins: Globe Theatre (60 turns)
Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer) and Charlemagne(Holy Rome) have signed a peace treaty
Gandhi(India) and Charlemagne(Holy Rome) have signed a peace treaty
Charlemagne(Holy Rome) and Boudica(Celtia) have signed a peace treaty
Team 4 becomes a Vassal State of Team 0
Judaism has spread: Durnovaria
Traded for Durnovaria (Charlemagne)
Judaism has spread: Tolosa
Buddhism has spread: Tolosa
Traded for Tolosa (Charlemagne)
Tolosa begins: Theatre (5 turns)
Stone Town begins: Theatre (2 turns)
Stone Town begins: Forbidden Palace (10 turns)
Vienna begins: Theatre (1 turns)
Rifleman promoted: City Garrison I
Rifleman promoted: City Garrison II
Tech learned: Radio
Angkor Thom grows: 12
Ulundi finishes: Artillery
Bulawayo finishes: Infantry
Isvarapura finishes: Hospital
Coimbra finishes: Airship
A Town was built near Oporto
A Town was built near Oporto
Guimarães finishes: Harbor
Évora finishes: Coal Plant
Delhi's borders expand
Bangalore grows: 3
Vienna's borders expand
Vienna finishes: Theatre
Vimayapura finishes: Harbor
Durnovaria's borders expand
Tolosa's borders expand

IBT: Attitude Change: Charlemagne(Holy Rome) towards Boudica(Celtia), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'
Civics Change: Augustus Caesar(Rome) from 'Slavery' to 'Emancipation'

Turn 239/500 (1645 AD) [11-Feb-2009 21:46:03]
Research begun: Mass Media (2 Turns)
Ulundi begins: Artillery (2 turns)
Ulundi begins: Cristo Redentor (7 turns)
Bulawayo begins: Infantry (5 turns)
Delhi begins: Barracks (2 turns)
Vimayapura begins: Granary (8 turns)
Vienna begins: Barracks (2 turns)
Évora begins: Barracks (2 turns)
Guimarães begins: Infantry (3 turns)
Guimarães begins: Rock N Roll (13 turns)
Coimbra begins: Airship (7 turns)
Isvarapura begins: The Eiffel Tower (15 turns)
Aachen's borders expand
Aachen's borders expand
Artillery promoted: City Raider II
Aachen begins: Infantry (9 turns)
Bangalore begins: Work Boat (5 turns)
A Workshop was built near Guimarães
Airship promoted: Combat I
Galleon promoted: Combat I
Infantry promoted: Combat I
A Mine was built near Vimayapura
Angkor Wat finishes: Infantry
kwaDukuza finishes: Factory
Nagara Jayasri grows: 17
Rajavihara finishes: Infantry
Faro finishes: Infantry
Lagos grows: 11
Lagos finishes: Infantry
A Town was built near Coimbra
Lisbon finishes: Infantry
Évora finishes: Barracks
Santarém grows: 7
Visigoth's borders expand
Pre Rup grows: 5
Pre Rup finishes: Lighthouse
Vijayanagara's borders expand
A Hamlet was built near Aachen
Prague's borders expand

IBT:
Turn 240/500 (1650 AD) [13-Feb-2009 00:27:55]
kwaDukuza begins: Infantry (8 turns)
A Workshop was built near Coimbra
Rajavihara begins: Infantry (2 turns)
Faro begins: Infantry (5 turns)
Lagos begins: Infantry (2 turns)
Lisbon begins: Infantry (3 turns)
Évora begins: Infantry (3 turns)
Prague begins: Theatre (3 turns)
Tech learned: Mass Media
uMgungundlovu finishes: National Park
Rajavihara finishes: Infantry
Leiria finishes: Coal Plant
A Hamlet was built near Lagos
A Town was built near Braga
Oporto finishes: Artillery
Aryan finishes: Lighthouse
Vijayanagara finishes: Hermitage
Delhi finishes: Barracks
Bombay's borders expand
Vienna finishes: Barracks
Augsburg's borders expand

IBT: Buddhism has spread: Ephesus (Greek Empire)
Attitude Change: Gandhi(India) towards Augustus Caesar(Rome), from 'Friendly' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Gandhi(India) towards Pericles(Greece), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Pericles(Greece) towards Gandhi(India), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 241/500 (1655 AD) [13-Feb-2009 00:55:06]
Research begun: Fascism (2 Turns)
A Workshop was built near Braga
A Mine was built near Vimayapura
Angkor Wat begins: Hollywood (15 turns)
Rajavihara begins: The United Nations (12 turns)
Leiria begins: Infantry (3 turns)
Augsburg begins: Infantry (16 turns)
Vienna begins: Infantry (141 turns)
Delhi begins: Infantry (4 turns)
Vijayanagara begins: Artillery (7 turns)
Aryan begins: Spy (4 turns)
Oporto begins: Artillery (3 turns)
Harappan begins: Theatre (1 turns)
uMgungundlovu begins: Infantry (3 turns)
While attacking in Greek territory near Argos, Privateer defeats (4.26/6): Greek Caravel (Prob Victory: 97.4%)
Nobamba finishes: West Point
Bulawayo grows: 12
Harappan grows: 16
Harappan finishes: Theatre
Banteay Kdei finishes: Coal Plant
A Village was built near Leiria
Lagos finishes: Infantry
Braga finishes: Infantry
Oporto grows: 14
A Town was built near Aryan
Bombay grows: 14

IBT: Attitude Change: Charlemagne(Holy Rome) towards Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 242/500 (1660 AD) [15-Feb-2009 20:33:17]
A Mine was built near Stone Town
A Mine was built near Pre Rup
A Workshop was built near Lisbon
Braga begins: Infantry (6 turns)
Lagos begins: Artillery (3 turns)
Banteay Kdei begins: Infantry (4 turns)
Harappan begins: Globe Theatre (11 turns)
Nobamba begins: Infantry (2 turns)
Ulm begins: Theatre (7 turns)
Infantry promoted: City Garrison I
Infantry promoted: City Garrison II
Cavalry promoted: Flanking I
Artillery promoted: Barrage I
Artillery promoted: Barrage II
Tech learned: Fascism
Oliver Cromwell (Great General) born in Yasodharapura
Rajavihara grows: 14
Jayendranagari finishes: Infantry
Faro grows: 11
Guimarães grows: 11
Évora finishes: Infantry
Varanasi finishes: Machine Gun
A Town was built near Varanasi
Bombay finishes: Infantry
Prague finishes: Theatre
Ulm's borders expand
Durnovaria grows: 5

IBT: While defending in Greek territory near Argos, Privateer loses to: Greek Frigate (6.56/8) (Prob Victory: 13.1%)
Hinduism has spread: Halicarnassus (Greek Empire)
Hinduism has spread: Ephesus (Greek Empire)
Attitude Change: Gandhi(India) towards Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 243/500 (1665 AD) [15-Feb-2009 21:02:24]
Research begun: Refrigeration (2 Turns)
Research begun: Refrigeration (2 Turns)
Prague begins: Machine Gun (18 turns)
Bombay begins: Infantry (7 turns)
Varanasi begins: Infantry (10 turns)
Évora begins: Infantry (3 turns)
Jayendranagari begins: Airship (4 turns)
A Workshop was built near Isvarapura
A Workshop was built near Lagos
A Lumbermill was built near Vijayanagara
A Mine was built near Bombay
Machine Gun promoted: Drill I
Rifleman promoted: City Garrison II
St. Paul (Great Prophet) born in Yasodharapura
Nobamba finishes: Infantry
Bulawayo finishes: Infantry
Leiria finishes: Infantry
Lagos finishes: Artillery
Braga finishes: Infantry
Buddhism has spread: Visigoth
Delhi finishes: Infantry
Bangalore's borders expand
Bangalore finishes: Work Boat
Prague's borders expand
Knossos's borders expand

IBT: While defending in Greek territory near Thebes, Privateer loses to: Greek Frigate (5.28/8) (Prob Victory: 3.6%)

Turn 244/500 (1670 AD) [15-Feb-2009 21:29:49]
Knossos begins: Theatre (4 turns)
Lagos begins: Mt. Rushmore (5 turns)
A Fishing Boats was built near Bangalore
Delhi begins: Artillery (4 turns)
Lisbon begins: Artillery (3 turns)
Braga begins: Galleon (2 turns)
Leiria begins: Artillery (4 turns)
Faro begins: Infantry (5 turns)
Bulawayo begins: Airship (3 turns)
Nobamba begins: Mt. Rushmore (5 turns)
Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer) declares war on Augustus Caesar(Rome)
Charlemagne(Holy Rome) declares war on Augustus Caesar(Rome)
Charlemagne(Holy Rome) declares war on Pericles(Greece)
Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer) declares war on Pericles(Greece)
Gandhi(India) declares war on Pericles(Greece)
Gandhi(India) declares war on Augustus Caesar(Rome)
Tech learned: Refrigeration
Yasodharapura finishes: Broadway
Nagara Jayasri grows: 18
A Town was built near Guimarães
Évora finishes: Infantry
Pre Rup grows: 6
Aryan finishes: Spy
A Village was built near Delhi
A Town was built near Bombay
Vimayapura grows: 3
Aachen grows: 17
Durnovaria grows: 6
Durnovaria's borders expand

IBT: Judaism has spread: Ephesus (Greek Empire)
Attitude Change: Augustus Caesar(Rome) towards Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer), from 'Cautious' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Augustus Caesar(Rome) towards Charlemagne(Holy Rome), from 'Pleased' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Augustus Caesar(Rome) towards Gandhi(India), from 'Pleased' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Charlemagne(Holy Rome) towards Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Charlemagne(Holy Rome) towards Augustus Caesar(Rome), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Charlemagne(Holy Rome) towards Pericles(Greece), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Gandhi(India) towards Pericles(Greece), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Pericles(Greece) towards Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Pericles(Greece) towards Charlemagne(Holy Rome), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Attitude Change: Pericles(Greece) towards Gandhi(India), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Gypsy Kings (Suryavarman II)(Khmer), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
Civics Change: Pericles(Greece) from 'Free Market' to 'Mercantilism'

Turn 245/500 (1675 AD) [15-Feb-2009 21:55:02]
Aryan begins: Airship (7 turns)
Frigate promoted: Combat II
Évora begins: Artillery (3 turns)
Coimbra begins: Airship (6 turns)
A Workshop was built near Harappan
A Workshop was built near Rajavihara
Yasodharapura begins: Artillery (2 turns)
Research begun: Rocketry (3 Turns)
While attacking in Khmer territory at Aachen, Cavalry defeats (12.30/15): Greek Rifleman (Prob Victory: 87.5%)
Angkor Wat grows: 22
Nobamba grows: 18
Banteay Kdei finishes: Infantry
Jayendranagari grows: 13
Braga finishes: Galleon
Lisbon finishes: Artillery
A Village was built near Vijayanagara
Vienna's borders expand
Vimayapura finishes: Granary
A Village was built near Knossos
Ulm grows: 8
Ulm finishes: Theatre
Nuremberg's borders expand
A Village was built near Nuremberg

IBT:
Turn 246/500 (1680 AD) [15-Feb-2009 22:23:29]
Infantry promoted: Pinch
While attacking in Khmer territory at Aryan, Infantry defeats (17.20/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 98.7%)
While attacking in Khmer territory at Aryan, Infantry defeats (14.40/20): Roman Knight (Prob Victory: 98.7%)
Artillery promoted: City Raider I
Infantry promoted: Guerilla I
Infantry promoted: Guerilla II
Knossos finishes: The Masjid al-Haram
A Workshop was built near Isvarapura
A Workshop was built near Lagos
A Mine was built near Coimbra
Infantry promoted: Combat II
Galleon promoted: Flanking I
Galleon promoted: Navigation I
Banteay Kdei begins: Infantry (4 turns)
Braga begins: Artillery (5 turns)
Vimayapura begins: Airship (12 turns)
Ulm begins: Granary (3 turns)
Nuremberg begins: Airship (14 turns)
Yasodharapura finishes: Artillery
Hariharalaya finishes: Wall Street
Angkor Thom finishes: Red Cross
Ulundi finishes: Cristo Redentor
Bulawayo finishes: Airship
kwaDukuza finishes: Infantry
Stone Town finishes: Forbidden Palace
Jayendranagari finishes: Airship
Leiria finishes: Artillery
Lagos grows: 12
Lisbon grows: 12
Guimarães finishes: Rock N Roll
Delhi finishes: Artillery
Bangalore grows: 4
Vienna's borders expand
A Town was built near Aachen
A Village was built near Augsburg
Durnovaria grows: 7
Tolosa's borders expand

IBT: While defending in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry defeats (16.60/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 78.1%)
While defending in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry defeats (17.20/20): Roman Knight (Prob Victory: 98.7%)
While defending in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry loses to: Roman Cavalry (8.70/15) (Prob Victory: 68.5%)
Attitude Change: Augustus Caesar(Rome) towards Pericles(Greece), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'

Turn 247/500 (1685 AD) [15-Feb-2009 22:52:36]
Guimarães begins: Infantry (2 turns)
Yasodharapura begins: Artillery (2 turns)
Angkor Thom begins: Cavalry (2 turns)
Artillery promoted: Accuracy
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Artillery loses to: Roman Rifleman (4.20/14) (Prob Victory: 64.8%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Artillery loses to: Roman Rifleman (4.06/14) (Prob Victory: 92.3%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry defeats (12.60/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry defeats (15.40/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.5%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry defeats (13.40/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.9%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Maceman defeats (8.00/8): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 99.8%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Maceman defeats (8.00/8): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry defeats (20.00/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Ulundi begins: Infantry (2 turns)
Stone Town begins: Ironclad (4 turns)
Delhi begins: Artillery (4 turns)
Leiria begins: Artillery (4 turns)
Jayendranagari begins: Frigate (5 turns)
kwaDukuza begins: Frigate (5 turns)
Bulawayo begins: Airship (3 turns)
While attacking in Holy Roman territory at Vandal, Frigate defeats (3.44/8): Greek Frigate (Prob Victory: 80.8%)
A Workshop was built near Angkor Wat
Tech learned: Rocketry
Nobamba finishes: Mt. Rushmore
Ulundi finishes: Artillery
Lisbon's borders expand
Évora finishes: Artillery
Santarém grows: 8
Vijayanagara finishes: Artillery
A Village was built near Delhi
Bombay finishes: Infantry
Aachen grows: 18
Aachen finishes: Infantry
A Village was built near Aachen
Prague grows: 10
A Village was built near Prague
Knossos's borders expand
Knossos finishes: Theatre
A Hamlet was built near Knossos
Ulm grows: 9
A Hamlet was built near Nuremberg
A Town was built near Nuremberg
A Town was built near Nuremberg

IBT: While defending in Roman territory at Arpinum, Caravel loses to: Roman Frigate (6.88/8) (Prob Victory: 0.8%)

Turn 248/500 (1690 AD) [15-Feb-2009 23:24:09]
Hariharalaya begins: Ironclad (4 turns)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Maceman defeats (6.40/8): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 70.4%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry defeats (12.60/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Cumae, Maceman defeats (8.00/8): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Hinduism has spread: Cumae
Captured Cumae (Augustus Caesar)
A Mine was built near Pre Rup
A Workshop was built near Leiria
Research begun: Combustion (2 Turns)
A Workshop was built near Angkor Wat
Évora begins: Work Boat (1 turns)
Nobamba begins: Frigate (1 turns)
Ulundi begins: Infantry (2 turns)
Faro begins: Artillery (5 turns)
Coimbra begins: Frigate (7 turns)
Lisbon begins: Artillery (3 turns)
Vijayanagara begins: Guided Missile (3 turns)
Bombay begins: Guided Missile (3 turns)
Aachen begins: Guided Missile (3 turns)
Knossos begins: Guided Missile (7 turns)
Yasodharapura finishes: Artillery
Angkor Thom finishes: Cavalry
Nobamba finishes: Frigate
Ulundi finishes: Infantry
Bulawayo grows: 13
Nagara Jayasri grows: 19
Isvarapura finishes: The Eiffel Tower
Banteay Kdei finishes: Infantry
A Town was built near Faro
Guimarães finishes: Infantry
Évora grows: 8
Évora finishes: Work Boat
Delhi's borders expand
Ulm finishes: Granary
Durnovaria grows: 8

IBT: Attitude Change: Gandhi(India) towards Augustus Caesar(Rome), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Pericles(Greece) towards Gandhi(India), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Turn 249/500 (1695 AD) [15-Feb-2009 23:52:43]
Ulm begins: Guided Missile (6 turns)
Cannon promoted: Barrage I
Cannon promoted: Accuracy
While attacking in Roman territory at Antium, Infantry defeats (11.20/20): Roman Cavalry (Prob Victory: 97.2%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Antium, Infantry defeats (16.60/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in Roman territory at Antium, Infantry defeats (16.60/20): Roman Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Hinduism has spread: Antium
Captured Antium (Augustus Caesar)
While attacking in Roman territory near Viroconium, Frigate defeats (4.00/8): Roman Frigate (Prob Victory: 72.0%)
While attacking in Roman territory near Viroconium, Frigate defeats (5.36/8): Roman Frigate (Prob Victory: 71.4%)
While attacking in Greek territory at Halicarnassus, Cavalry defeats (13.50/15): Greek Catapult (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Vienna begins: Library (3 turns)
A Workshop was built near Leiria
A Workshop was built near Bombay
Frigate promoted: Combat I
Frigate promoted: Combat III
Cavalry promoted: Medic II
Cavalry promoted: March
Évora begins: Frigate (2 turns)
Banteay Kdei begins: Artillery (4 turns)
Oporto begins: Infantry (3 turns)
Guimarães begins: Artillery (2 turns)
Tech learned: Combustion
Bulawayo finishes: Airship
Stone Town finishes: Ironclad
Leiria finishes: Artillery
Lisbon finishes: Artillery
Évora finishes: Frigate
Pre Rup grows: 7
Bombay finishes: Guided Missile
Vienna finishes: Library
Vimayapura's borders expand
Aachen finishes: Guided Missile
A Village was built near Aachen
Tolosa grows: 6
Tolosa finishes: Theatre
A Hamlet was built near Tolosa

IBT: While defending in Roman territory at Arpinum, Galleon loses to: Roman Frigate (2.88/8) (Prob Victory: 9.1%)
While defending in Roman territory at Cumae, Infantry loses to: Roman Cavalry (9.30/15) (Prob Victory: 17.7%)
While defending in Roman territory near Setia, Galleon defeats (1.68/4): Roman Galleon (Prob Victory: 47.3%)
While defending in Greek territory at Ephesus, Cavalry loses to: Greek Rifleman (3.36/14) (Prob Victory: 32.9%)
Team 6 revolts and is no longer a Vassal State of Team 3
Attitude Change: Boudica(Celtia) towards Augustus Caesar(Rome), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Augustus Caesar(Rome) towards Pericles(Greece), from 'Friendly' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Gandhi(India) towards Augustus Caesar(Rome), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 250/500 (1700 AD) [16-Feb-2009 00:26:43]
A Well was built near Leiria
Research begun: Industrialism (4 Turns)
Galleon promoted: Combat II
Tolosa begins: Spy (5 turns)
Aachen begins: Artillery (8 turns)
Bombay begins: Artillery (6 turns)
While attacking in Holy Roman territory near Vandal, Frigate defeats (3.68/8): Greek Frigate (Prob Victory: 84.3%)
Frigate promoted: Combat III
Vienna begins: Artillery (7 turns)
Évora begins: Artillery (3 turns)
Bulawayo begins: Artillery (6 turns)
Stone Town begins: Airship (3 turns)
Leiria begins: Granary (2 turns)

From Ronnie1's most recent roster update:
The Roster order is

munro - waiting
mystyfly - waiting
Rusten - waiting
Conquistador63 - UP NOW
adrianj - waiting
oyzar - skipped by request
Ronnie1 - traveling
da_Vinci - in reserve

Let's see...With R1 travelling and no internet access, as he mentioned in the pitboss thread, I self-appoint myself team captain (for this post's period only :p).

We have dV on autoskip, no post from Rusten in the last months, oyzar skipped by request, and last turnsets by Munro -> AdrianJ -> HW -> C63, I believe mystyfly could play if he has the time and has sorted out his installation troubles.

But given the tight schedule, I could also play a few more turns tonight (+ 6h from this post) until the end, only if mystyfly tells us he can't play in the next few days. If no word from him or from anyone else in the next hours I won't play.

Excellent stuff C63!

We probably aren't that many turns from the end now are we? Probably not a bad idea to take a break and get some input.

When I have some time (within a few hours) I'll update the wonder list from post 580. Our decisions from here, as always, will be based on maximising that wonder score / turn ratio. We might find that taking the domination victory ASAP is better than waiting for a small number of wonders.

We have some kind of carneval here in switzerland and in my few sober moments I'm having squash matches/tournaments.

Regarding my installation; I needed some kind of windows update to be able to launch AssetsChecker but I can't because my OS seems to be faulty (installed). I guess I have to reinstall it again. I could do that but would rather when I have a bit more relaxing time... As we're close to finishing, I'd rather see you guys finish it, as you already are very familiar with our (military) situation and I fully trust you to handle it well :goodjob:

Top Bottom