• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 15 - One Short Straw

You're right, Mitchum. My thinking left out having to decide on our next tech on T20. Better is definitely exactly as you first wrote it up with all three warriors. :goodjob: Actually, maybe even prioritize the sheep hill loop before beelining Toku even if you see his borders...

Just to be clear, warrior 1 will loop north to the hill 1E of sheep (SE -> E -> NE -> N assuming no barb issues) and warrior 2 will head toward the gems. He'll only have moved two turns so I'll have him move SW -> SW on his way toward the hill at Delhi-3SW. This will also avoid messing up forest re-growth, one of Dhoom's hot buttons... ;)

Sounds good to me, Mitchum.

SOunds good to me too. Speaking of forest growth, another reason to not mine the southern most hill completely yet.

Good luck, Mitchum!!!

Crap. Lions...

Spoiler :

Should I stand on the hill for a turn or more until they clear off or head east?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 165
Lions, and a dash of red border in the southeast.
My instinct is to move SE onto the forest this time, aiming to circle round to Sheep-1E going something like
SE (onto the forest)
E next to Toku's borders, should be safe
NE across the river, onto the hill where you can then move
NW if the coast is clear

I'd stay clear of the hill for quite some time. It's a lousy 25% bonus and there are two lions that could be anywhere on the other side of it from your approach point, including both, conceivably, which I've NEVER survived ever.

Lions, on the other hand are good for worker stealing because bears are the worst, panthers aren't anywhere, since I don't see any jungle and wolves are also bad, so lions are the best.

I'd go for the worker steal. We'll decide on gold or gems based on what we see around Gems.

Agree on the worker steal. When I posted the screen shot I hadn't noticed the red yet but did when I zoomed out.

I'll head SE and go steal me a worker... :D

Agree on the worker steal. When I posted the screen shot I hadn't noticed the red yet but did when I zoomed out.

I'll head SE and go steal me a worker... :D
clink clink clink clink . . . (roller coaster climbing up the hill at the beginning . . .) . . . here we goooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Spoiler :
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to make saves each turn. We want to know exactly what's going on with Toku's production, if possible.

Hmmm...not safe to go N/NE/NW. That really sucks. I think you fortify and hold pat. What else can we do?

Agreed. Then, once healed, go SE and then either NE (forest... hill?) or S (grass hill) depending on what we see.

Don't think I need to wait on this move, do I?

Top Bottom