• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 18 - Fifth Element

There's coast 2S3E of fish. We must discover what lies S.

I still think that Joao is the priority, before he expand too much and maybe before he find some strategic. He can lack them in his capital.
We don't know which city is the one S of us, but i agree with enkage: none of those wonders is of much help in this map. Better have than not, GPP, that's all.

It seems like I failed to produce a PPP yesterday. Do we have an updated test game?

I have time to something tonight. Any chance we can get a new test game with Ragnar south of us so that we may run test game to see how aggressive he is. In a game recently Ragnar came with 3 galleys, 3 spearmen and 3 axemen early on. Starting with two cities and two wonder will speed him up greatly.

I made a correction to the test game to include a city S of us, but i used Ragnar of Rome instead of Ragnar of the Vikings. They are Vikings, but with the color of Rome.

I can probably correct this in WB, but i need to do it on turn 0, after then we need to replay all our moves. Not a big deal, but it requires some time.

In case i'm successful with WB i'll post at least a new t.0 save tonight.

But don't use it to try to foresee how aggressive Ragnar is, that will be a RNG decision.
Then, while he has 2 cities, they aren't probably connected, so the GLH is not of great help. Nor rivers, because they flow in enemy territory.

I think both cities south of us. It is unlikely he would have so high GNP if they are far away from each other and does not have trade routes.

If you zoom out and switch to culture you can see 1 purple tile to the far south West.

Sorry but i have been busy.
I just modified the WB save to change the Civilisation and it went well.

Tomorrow i probably can post a save t.0 about noon.

If you zoom out and switch to culture you can see 1 purple tile to the far south West.

That is unexpected. In other words we wont have much to fear from GM. Chances are that Shaka and we will attack him and chop him up.

I once again failed to make a PPP, but I did manage to apply to a PHD program. Which might not seem as helpful for you.

To compensate i managed to build a - hopefully - decent turn 0 save.
Here it is.

yuppi

Hello guys,

I have picked up more responsibilities recently. I'll try to drop by as frequently as I can and open the save from time to time to voice my opinion, but I won't be able to participate as actively as I did in past SGOTMs. So please skip me unless I am around and say that I can play.

Nothing for 3 days. Is there anybody out there? (Pink Floyd music playing)

Yes, I'm sorry. This week was heavy. I should have some time the next three days and from Tuesday onwards I will have more time.

BLubmuz can you link key posts to the firs post in thread (mainly turn sequences)? It will help us later a lot later.

I avoided any activity here to see what is happening.

Now, i understand RL problems (even good problems as seems to happen to Shaan), but at least a row to inform us won't cost more than a minute.

We are desperately in late and we need to plan our game with our RL committments.
Or give up.

@ enkage
you're right is what i do usually. but i'm wondering if we move past those 2 sets.
Tomorrow i'll update that.

I´m wondering if we should go for Goldmember first. Joao will presumably be occupied with expanding and building more cities for us while Goldmember is more likely to be building up a stack to invade at the most inconvenient time (such as when our main stack´s in Portugal). We´re likely to have at least 3 coastal cities: NYork, Stoneclam and GM City to benefit from an aqueous wonder.

5 turn PPP
Let us chop this up into short segments.

Cities
Move pop around in Washinton to get 7 production. And whip next turn. Then move pop around to optimize growth while building granary.
New york. Slow build worker then start on WB.

Worker
Build road to SW. Then improve pigs.
2nd worker build one turn on a road between Washington and New York. Planing on cottage on shared square.

Other
Move warrior from Washington to scout for settler.
Put one turn into axeman in Washington before finishing granary to enable panic whip.
Return warrior from Portugal to new city.
Warrior in Mongolia explores.
Fembot returning home.

Questions.
New city S or E of pigs?

@pigswill
As far as I know Joao, most of this city will be a junk with not cleared jungle. We nearly decided to kill him first and now I think it is a good move as we will be able to raise some solid cities on his land needed for a war with DrEvil (I cant imagine constant moving units along the whole map).

The other possibility I think is to take Goldmember first, but then go straight for DrEvil, not giving DrEvil time to develop too big army. In my games Joao can be a very good ally (He is only -1 with us and likes DrEvil less than others) especially as his fav civic is HR which we will use for sure for a long time (we dont want to take back piramids early)

@BLubmuz
I believe we manage to play this game, don't worry. usually august / september is not a nice time for spending days in front f computer, but there is autumn coming :D anyway, I am ready to take part and take turnset before it is warring time :]

A couple of observations from the test game.

Rushing Joao is not trivial as Lisbon has 60% defence on turn 50.

Both Mansa and Shaka had sent a stack to attack Goldmember while Goldmember has not shown to be aggressive.

No comments at all?

Top Bottom