• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM 18 - Fifth Element

No comments at all?
Sorry but i was unexpectedly busy.

Updated page 1.
I've put Mastiff in lurker mode and Shaandore too, until he give news.

Comments on your 5-turn PPP: I mostly agree, the whips proposed by PW were too brutal. But effective.
The horse city has to go on the river corner, 1E of pigs.

I recommend to start a full road to the new city and to have a full road Wash SE-SE NY ASAP.

Then, it's not a matter for this short set, but we must consider also the danger from Shaka. He's got that c6 WE which is almost unbeatable and he's got impis. So i think that we must keep a stack with axes and spears in the choke hill 1NW of Boston while we prepare a decent army. Where to put that army has to be decided, more than by us by the map.
I agree that if the city S of us is reachable, it has to be our first target. Joao can wait.
If the city will show to be unreachable we can think to Joao. But we must always keep units in the choke points, also the one in the desert E and the hill NE of Wash.

There is no question whether the city south of us is reachable. We can see the coast tile that connects us.

So in other words priority is to get a WB or Galley. Since we plan to take the city a galley can make more sense then a WB.

There is no question whether the city south of us is reachable. We can see the coast tile that connects us.
I should have missed it
So in other words priority is to get a WB or Galley. Since we plan to take the city a galley can make more sense then a WB.
Yes a galley makes more sense, unless we plan to first settle the clams/stone city.

But i think that if we choose a galley it's better go worker-granary-galley.

We do not have sailing. Get it before writing?

I agree on sailing first and the PPP looks fine to me. Go ahead and play. Green light from me.

+1 for sailing before, becaude I have doubts about immediate settling 4th city - stone/claim. Go on and play.
I also confirm being ready to take next short turnset

5 turn PPP
Let us chop this up into short segments.

Cities
Move pop around in Washinton to get 7 production. And whip next turn. Then move pop around to optimize growth while building granary.
New york. Slow build worker then start on WB.

Worker
Build road to SW. Then improve pigs.
2nd worker build one turn on a road between Washington and New York. Planing on cottage on shared square.

Other
Move warrior from Washington to scout for settler.
Put one turn into axeman in Washington before finishing granary to enable panic whip.
Return warrior from Portugal to new city.
Warrior in Mongolia explores.
Fembot returning home.

Questions.
New city S or E of pigs?

I'm sorry.

My mind just failed. I read the PPP and started playing. I read 7 production in Washington but I tried to get 9 in the game. Now I can't two whip the settler.

Just wanted some feedback. We have some options.
1. 1 whip the settler.
2. start on granary and two whip granary into settler.
3. slow build settler then whip granary.

I prefer 2.

Option 1 is not great as 1 unhappy for for 30 hammers is not that impressive. It might be ok but we probably want to use our happiness soon.

Option 3 is probably ok. But with option 2 we get the whip and the granary sooner. An advantage with option 3 is that we will have sailing in three turn.

I'm sorry.

My mind just failed. It's the age.
2. start on granary and two whip granary into settler.
This.

@enkage
those short sets are just to discuss half way because we can take better informed decisions. But actually the sets will remain around 20 turns.

I hope you can still play.

If you work 3FP+gold (not wheat) you get 7h for 69h next turn and double whip.

If you work 3FP+gold (not wheat) you get 7h for 69h next turn and double whip.

Yes, I know but for some reason I decided to get 9 hammers instead.

PPP for the next 5 turns.

New city:
I prefer to put Boston 1 S of Pigs. We loose 1 grassland hill but gain 2 overlapping tiles with Washington. If we want to cottage Washington this will help. E of pigs work but let us have a short vote.

Workers:
Worker1, either start pigs or do one turn of road and then start pigs.
Worker2, one turn of road and then cottage on shared tile. Or should we run to Boston to start chopping?

Cities.
Washington. Slowbuild axeman while growing. Possibly barracks or spearmen.
New york. Build galley. Then stop working mine and grow on cottages.
Boston. Build granary.

Others:
Warrior 3, spawn bust SW.
Fembot, spawnbust two steps from railroad.
Warrior, garrison Boston.
Warrior 1, explore.
Research writing at 100%.
Sign open borders with Mansa and Gandhi if able.

Shaka is annoyed with Joao. It could very well happen that Shaka will be unable to attack us as they do not have open borders and will not sign it will Shaka is annoyed.

PPP for the next 5 turns.

New city:
I prefer to put Boston 1 S of Pigs. We loose 1 grassland hill but gain 2 overlapping tiles with Washington. If we want to cottage Washington this will help. E of pigs work but let us have a short vote.

Workers:
Worker1, either start pigs or do one turn of road and then start pigs.
Worker2, one turn of road and then cottage on shared tile. Or should we run to Boston to start chopping?

Cities.
Washington. Slowbuild axeman while growing. Possibly barracks or spearmen.
New york. Build galley. Then stop working mine and grow on cottages.
Boston. Build granary.

Others:
Warrior 3, spawn bust SW.
Fembot, spawnbust two steps from railroad.
Warrior, garrison Boston.
Warrior 1, explore.
Research writing at 100%.
Sign open borders with Mansa and Gandhi if able.
I still prefer 1E of pigs.
If we want to settle the clams/stone - and i think we want - it's better. I see your point to work some cottage for Wash and the city itself is good (half good perhaps?) in both positions. But i see better a city 1E of pigs to help another one 1W or 2W of stone.

The worker in NY will build a road NW of NY as first duty. Then i'm inclined to chop granary/barracks in Boston then axes and spears.

Those spots near furs and sheep look interesting, mainly the fur. I propose to consider them before it's too late.

In Wash you can build the axe to 1 turn to competion, then barracks>finish axe.

1S or 1E of pigs will not affect stone clam city in any way. They will share 2 grassland river tiles, more or less dessert and 1S will share the plain hills which Boston is not likely to touch.

The fur and sheep is kinda far away. Settling wheat/cow/dye could be a good idea.

1S or 1E of pigs will not affect stone clam city in any way. They will share 2 grassland river tiles, more or less dessert and 1S will share the plain hills which Boston is not likely to touch.
It's not a great deal. It seems better 1E to me, for some reason. Let's wait what the others say.

The fur and sheep is kinda far away. Settling wheat/cow/dye could be a good idea.
I should have seen Joao's borders close. Let's Joao settle for us. I prefer to move N. But we can discuss it later. Again, let's hear what the team say.

I prefer 1E to grab the corner ghill. If we´re planning on an overseas adventure our hammers will be going on that rather than more settlers in the near future.

Let´s have another look at the land outside the borders of Mordor after we´ve caught a Colossus.

Top Bottom