SGOTM3 Rome - Team mauer

Why build Copernicus? Because it was there!

After 5 MGL's you take whatever comes.

My priorities are FP, SunTsu, Army, then MilAcad or whatever wonder comes next.

alamo said:
Why build Copernicus? Because it was there!

After 5 MGL's you take whatever comes.

My priorities are FP, SunTsu, Army, then MilAcad or whatever wonder comes next.
:lol: The game is over, so calm down :p . I won't put that in there. It wasn't even a big deal. I could argue the fact that we really didn't need any science increases because the endgame was so close. But I won't because the endgame was so close. So you could have built Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory and I wouldn't have cared. So is this good to post or what. Alamo?

Mauer said:
Ok guys, tell me what needs to be fixed, added and/or subtracted. Sorry for the crummy pic, but........I ain't no artist!
It looks good!!!! :)
You could mention our lousy reputation and the ROP-rape that brought the end very close. :evil: :D
Pics are OK, maybe you could add one with some of the funny cities. :D

Looks good! :thumbsup:
I think we should list all of our novel city names, just to show (off) how many cities we owned! :D

I just went and counted 192 cities :eek: . Don't think I want to list all of those :) . Maybe I'll just see if I can get a screen shot of some of the easter island cities.

Anyone have any ideas about the anagram? I've looked at it some more and the letters could indicate either Arabia or China (if it's in English). Assuming 20 letters from 18 named barbs, a possible phrase would be:
THE BATTLE FOR ALL CHINA
But there are probably a great many similar ones. Mad-bax, if you're still following our thread, could you give us a hint as to what language we should put it in?

I looked at it several different times, and I don't have a clue. Somebody said it was related to past Gotm or something? I think. Makes my head hurt.

I just PMd mad-bax to expedite the hint process, if there is to be one.

Taliesin said:
Anyone have any ideas about the anagram? I've looked at it some more and the letters could indicate either Arabia or China (if it's in English). Assuming 20 letters from 18 named barbs, a possible phrase would be:
THE BATTLE FOR ALL CHINA
mad-bax did give us a few hints. It is 18 letters in three words!
Hint1
Hint2

....but I don't see it :crazyeye: , are we sure our 13 letters are correct??

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, zamint-- I hadn't seen the first post. I'm 95% sure I've solved it, but I'll wait for mad-bax's confirmation.
Not to worry, I'll be a good boy and not spill the beans, as I fear that would be setting an elephant among the peanuts, as we say in Canada.

Now you know the answer to the barb riddle, please do not post about it here, or anywhere else.

Thanks.

Our 13 letters are correct. Mad-bax says I'm free to share the answer with all of you, so I'll do so by PM. If any of you don't want me to spoil it, DON'T READ THE PM! :nuke:
I hope Team Mauer stays together for the next SGOTM, otherwise I'm scattering the precious knowledge to the four corners of the Earth....

Not quite sure what got your little brain all fired up, but good job on figuring out the puzzle! I would have never got that.
I would like to add, that this has been the most interesting and enjoyable game of civ I have ever played. Unfortunately, I will not be returning for SGOTM 4 or any others. Things have happened recently, and civ is just taking too much of my time for me to take care of more important things. It doesn't help that I don't actually have a working copy of Civ3 anymore either, but that's a different story. So good luck on the next one. I will be lurking around, and hope you guys stay together for the next one.

Mauer said:
and civ is just taking too much of my time for me to take care of more important things.
I know what you mean, and the lack of sleep is not making it better.
My addiction is getting out of hand as well, I might go for SGOTM4, but I'll stay off GOTM's and COTM's for a while! (If I can. :confused: :cry: )

I'm sorry for you Mauer. It makes a lot of fun to play with you. So i hope you can find sometimes some time (hehe) to play with us.

Top Bottom