• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SGOTM3 Rome - Team mauer

zamint3 said:
I'll see if I can squeeze in 5 turns today, GOTM33 is causing me major problems and I'm running out of time!

I've lost my nation to china, this is one of these i want to forget. :mischief:

Detlef Richter said:
I've lost my nation to china, this is one of these i want to forget. :mischief:
China was a major threat for a long time, but they are gone now. :)

I sort of screwed this one up, not being able to determine whether to go for domination or diplo, and now I've ended up somewhere in the middle. :mad:

:lol:
So, Mauer, how does it feel to see that, just a few days after you earned your cool avatar, the rules have changed so that sub-100 post fools such as I can do the same? ;)

1000 AD Preflight
Sold temples, and set a lot of cities to produce wealth..
Sold 4 luxuries to the Aztecs for 62 gpt, and 1 lux to the Iroqs for 4 gpt. Gpt is up to 635
Made pease with Japan for Sapporo and 11 g.
Establish an embassy with Japan, and sign ROP with them.

1010 AD Turn 1 :
Tiles to go : 227
Move a lot of cav into Japan.
Hurry some temples and settlers, disband more units.

1020 AD Turn 2 :
Tiles to go 220
Net Gain 675 gpt.

1030 AD Turn 3 :
Tiles to go 183, Mapstat tells me that Russia’s got Navigation!!! :crazyeye:

1040 AD Turn 4 :
Tiles to go 148.

1050 AD Turn 5 :
Tiles to go 112.
This is close enough. Declare on Japan and take 6 cities, one hitpoint short of Kyoto and Satsuma.
Still need 33 tiles.

We should be able to take Kyoto and/or Satsumo next turn, and with a few settlers and expansions we should be there. There is a settler in the NE of easter island that should claim 11 tiles.

>>save<<

:shakehead Thunderfall is dead to me. I mean, I spend all this time in here posting about this game like I really care about it, and this is how I am treated :gripe:.
Taliesin said:
fools such as I
That's an accurate statement if Ive ever heard one. JK Taliesin. At least you admitted I have a cool avatar. :) I think it should have been like this a long time ago.

zamint3 said:
Tiles to go 112.
This is close enough. Declare on Japan and take 6 cities, one hitpoint short of Kyoto and Satsuma.
Still need 33 tiles.

We should be able to take Kyoto and/or Satsumo next turn, and with a few settlers and expansions we should be there. There is a settler in the NE of easter island that should claim 11 tiles.
[cheering] Let's go Taliesin, let's go. Hooray for us [dance]

Ok, domination before 1100AD works for me!

The curve still looks pretty steep - good job, everyone! :goodjob:

Take as much territory as you can, spend all the gold, and crank up the lux slider.

I can't stands it no mo. 33 tiles, sorry guys hopefully you won't be too mad at me!? :blush:
1060 is the turn before, and 1070 is the game winner.
EDIT: I was really hoping for 10,000+, feel free to browse the other threads now. I would be careful not to post though. Or at least no in game info.

Very, very nice, guys. We're winning by nearly 1000!
I can't wait to put those green laurels in my sig... :king: :goodjob: :D

:cool:
Mauer-- I don't mind at all. I had some work to do tonight, hence the delay, but I was going to cede it to you anyhow. :)
Have you posted in Spoiler 2 yet?

Taliesin said:
Have you posted in Spoiler 2 yet?
:rotfl:
I just uploaded it :lol: . I know from my gameplay you all might get the feeling that I'm some sort of Superman groucho , but this just isn't the case. If some one else wants to volunteer for the spoiler, then by all means have at it. If not, I can do it again. Very well played everyone.

Congratulations team Mauer with winning the game and beating team Smackster!!!! :goodjob:
Although, I hope next time you guys won't chicken out and play sponsored variant ;)

dmanakho said:
Congratulations team Mauer with winning the game and beating team Smackster!!!! :goodjob:
Although, I hope next time you guys won't chicken out and play sponsored variant ;)
No, No you thread pirate. You stay away. You bad guy. :p
JK, thanks, this was the first SG I had ever played. I learned ALOT from this game. Next time I won't chicken out, but it looks like you guys had your hands full with the legals of the variant. Glad I stayed out of the tabloids this go around. :lol:

Mauer said:
:rotfl:
I just uploaded it :lol:

Oops. Sorry :blush:, I missed the time of posting.
Btw, I loaded the 1070 save, but I couldn't win that turn. I fell about 12 tiles short, and couldn't find any way to increase the territory. What did you do in that last turn? (I took two Japanese cities, I think, and founded wherever I could, but it wasn't enough.) :confused:

1070.sav is the turn after the win. We had 2 cities flip and 1 captured (I think) IBT.
If you load the 1060.sav you should win it.

Domination in 1170AD with an overwhelming lead in score!

Well done, team leader! :salute:

The game was an amazing bit of conquest for sure! :cool:

Sometimes it was difficult to keep up with so many players involved, but overall I think we coordinated pretty well.

I was a bit wary of getting sucha bad rep, but I guess it really doesn't matter if you keep dropping the hammer. :hammer:

Congratulations to everyone and see you in the spoilers.

Thank you very much, all, and especially Mauer! :D
This was not only my first SGOTM but my first GOTM as well-- what an introduction! [dance] It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot about strategies that I have never used before.
Congrats to all team members! :goodjob:

Edit: Looking at the graph, it appears that the staff team is the only one with much of a hope of catching us. They're not much below where we were at 50 AD-- a few cities short of our empire at that point, or so I judge from the minimap. If they pick it up or get lucky, they could give us a run for our money... :twitch:
Post #100! Yay! :D
:bounce: I include this smiley for no other reason than that I think it looks funny.

:aargh: Yeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:goodjob: :goodjob: Great job to all team members :goodjob: :goodjob:

It was amazing to play with you guys this SG. Thanks to all.

[dance] [dance] :band: [dance] [dance]

Top Bottom