Shabbaman's complain versus PaleHorse76 and other mods

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
When compelled to insult a poster while moderating. I use vocabulary and grammer so complex, that the poster would be obliged to do some major time consumming work in the way of analysis and writing in order to adequately respond or complain. Thus I avoid this issue.

For this I've always thought of you as one of my favorite mods.
I truly enjoy your replies. :goodjob:

As for PH76, if they deserve it, they deserve it. :p You're doing a great job.

When compelled to insult a poster while moderating. I use vocabulary and grammer so complex, that the poster would be obliged to do some major time consumming work in the way of analysis and writing in order to adequately respond or complain. Thus I avoid this issue.

Yeah, but if some stupid flamers (read: me) don't understand what you're saying,
they just get more pissed off and start their pathetic flaming/personal insult threads.

Personally, when I was a flamer, I wondered why I always got banned, until
I realized that mods are trying to be fair and just. They have nothing personal
against anybody. If I would've started thinking like
"If I would've be a mod in this situation, what would I do?" before flaming
the OT to the full, I would've avoided a lot of grave trouble & bannings.

Originally posted by Juize

Yeah, but if some stupid flamers (read: me) don't understand what you're saying,
they just get more pissed off and start their pathetic flaming/personal insult threads.

:eek: Holy Crap!!! :eek:

You know, there was a ;) heading that post of mine, as with many of mine it was some portion tounge in cheek.

Originally posted by Juize

No, you are wrong, I had it in for you Juicy! ;) j/k

i thik HP is uh baed modoratur . he es uh stikny dewd!
hee kneads to lurn haw to modoraite betur. iym juwst kittng.

Translated:

PH is the best moderator on earth. Whoever complains must be entirely insane. And you can quote me on that! He is also fun to im late at night when there's nothing better to do.(Such as catch squirrels)

:rolleyes: you can tell gonzo is bored, trying out his 1337/lazy web maker speak. :) Ok, this thread as completely gone off the rail.

by Lefty:

When compelled to insult a poster while moderating. I use vocabulary and grammer so complex, that the poster would be obliged to do some major time consumming work in the way of analysis and writing in order to adequately respond or complain.

Now that is hilarious! Just who says you don't have a sense of humor?

Personally, I don't see the reason for hand wringing, but it's nice of PH76 to discuss such complaints, and therefore indicative of his dedication. The most elementary logic suggests that CFC is a voluntary, privately owned BBS, not an EOC government employer subject to undue influence of special interst groups... and therefore it is encumbent upon those who choose to participate by expressing themselves in the fourms to adequately comprehend the plainly enunciated rules, and moderators are charged with the duty of protecting the interests of all members against the machinations of the deviants who would seek to infringe on the rights of the membership in general.

Just plain logic.

:cool:

People who get banned are *******s, no doubt about it.

I think suntzu is a genius with that last statement. Of course, you can never say that people who don't get banned aren't *******s ;)

hehe ask my friends i'm usually a to-the-point person. lol sum things up with very few words hehe :D
But hey i'm still a loved mod! atleast my mommy tells me that every night when she tucks me in for bedlol ;P my keyboardsucks its getng stuck it took about 6 minutes to type this....bah

Well get a new keyboard then, its not as if a new will cost much unless you want curved edges.

dont buy a microsh!t keyboard.microsoftys are so bad.after 1 week my microsofto keyboard wad damage and it was broke after 2 weeks

Well I don't know what you do with your keyboard philippe but mine is still working after 3 years so.....
Well maybe you were just unlucky. ;)

Originally posted by philippe
dont buy a microsh!t keyboard.microsoftys are so bad.after 1 week my microsofto keyboard wad damage and it was broke after 2 weeks

Hmmm... 3 years running strong here, the last non-microsoft keyboard I bought lasted 1 year. I simply typed it to death and wore it out....

At the risk of being a cheeky monkey,
I think some of the moderators are getting too picky.

People on civ3 general are getting away with murder (not actually)
but others get flak for silly things.

I think the moderators should be put on trial more.
It is a hard job, but it should be done properly.

Originally posted by King_Dead
At the risk of being a cheeky monkey,
I think some of the moderators are getting too picky.

I think the moderators should be put on trial more.
It is a hard job, but it should be done properly.

With accusations, you should definately bring some evidence....

Originally posted by King_Dead
Quote specifics and maybe I can show you why I did what I did. You also might wantto take into account the poster's history. If I have seen the poster on CFC for a long time and they have a bad day and stink up the place I tend to be more forgiving that the new person that comes in and starts flaming and spamming all over the place. Also, someone that has been walking along the edge of the rules for a long time and crosses them is bound to get slapped with a punishment harder than the one time offender.

Top Bottom