Shift key is not working on unit order queueing

Felis catus

Chieftain
Something weird is happening on my laptop. Unit actions should be queued by holding shift key while clicking action buttons as you know. But my units are doing the action immediately after the button is clicked regardless of shift key.
For example, holding shift key, if I click 'go somewhere' and 'sentry' button, my unit just 'sentry' at its current position. If I order a worker to 'go somewhere' and then 'build a farm', he starts to build a farm at his current tile. City screen's build-queue is working normally with shift key(adding an item to the last of build-order)
I completely uninstalled and reinstalled BTS for this reason but the problem is the same. What should I do? Any help would be appreciated.
My machine is HP OMEN laptop with Ryzen 5, Geforce RTX and Windows 11 of Korean language in case it matters...

Haven't used that feature in some time since I am big on micro. Are you using left-click or right-click after holding shift?

You sure it is not right click for action too?

Yes I'm sure. though I am not sure which one is working abnormally, the shift key or the action buttons on game screen...

Hi, I assume that Civ4 isn't the problematic program and for some reason the OS is releasing SHIFT on right mouse clicks.
Maybe another program is tracking the mouse/keyboard events and interleave?! Or a Windows feature is connected with a keybinding? (Similar feature: Shift+F10 is a simulated right click.)

Can you test if Shift+Right click releasing Shift also in other programs?

Can you test if Shift+Right click releasing Shift also in other programs?
Just tested it on the Windows Explorer. Only right click (on a file) and shift+right click displayed different menus each other so I guess I can assume shift key is working normally there.

Maybe another program is tracking the mouse/keyboard events and interleave?!
Not so many programs are installed on my computer and I can't figure out such a program...

Does queuing with Shift work if you left-click the Go-To action button instead of right-clicking? (Though, either way, I wouldn't know how to fix this puzzling problem.)

Does queuing with Shift work if you left-click the Go-To action button instead of right-clicking?
No it does not work either.
I suppose only 'Go-to' order negates the function of shift key. Other action buttons seem working normally. i.e. if I order a worker to 'build a farm' then 'build a fort' then 'build a cottage' holding the shift key, the orders are being added correctly.

Top Bottom