Should we use this proposal as a solution to the diplomatic issues raised by war?

Should we use this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
This is a quick poll.

This is the proposal:

Let's sign a military alliance with the English against the Egyptians. The English will give us all their gold (81) and their world map for this alliance against a civ that is so preoccupied with other threats that they will not be sending any troops our way. This keeps them mostly out of our territory, and keeps them from signing an alliance with the Japanese, since they had only 23 gold when we last checked.

Then, to make sure the Japanese cannot spare the troops to counterattack, we sign alliances with:

Russia - we gain their World Map and 14 gold

Iroquois - we pay 311g

India - we pay 56g

It is quite likely that the Iroguois will then bring the Babylonians into the war using the gold we just gave them, saving us over 200 gold.

We come out of this with 3 alliances and having paid only 272 gold. We leave open the option of attacking the Americans for squatting on our territory, and deprive the Japanese of any allies within striking distance of our territory.

The only unknown in this formula is the Americans. We cannot tell how much they want for an alliance with the Egyptians since neither of us are currently at war with them. However, I am willing to wager that the feudalism tech is enough to cover it if it becomes necessary. We could sign an alliance with them against the Japanese, but we would have to deal with a flood of units. As part of this proposal, we would need to fortify our eastern cities with at least one more unit each, just in case the Japanese world map is worth an extraordinary amount, and the Americans consider it worth a war with us. However, I consider this highly unlikely.

Since the Turn Chat is tommorow Morning. I agree on this proposal.

I like it, except for the part about giving away feudalism.

I'm iffy myself, but it would keep the English off our backs.

Excellent proposal eyrei, you are a genius.

Well, I'll have to side with Murphy's Law here. With something this complex, something is bound to go wrong ;-)

Originally posted by Cyc
I like it, except for the part about giving away feudalism.

I probably should have just completely left that part off. There is no intent to immediately sign an alliance with the Americans. However, if Japan finds an ally, it may become necessary to secure their allegiance.

I figured as much, that's why I voted yes.

Top Bottom