Siberian Aztecs?

FearlessLeader2

Fundamentalist Loon
I'm playing on Earth, large map, regular rules, raging hordes, Emperor level. The Aztecs started in Eastern Siberia(shrug, I randomized faction locations, sue me, I didn't want an unfair advantage). The year is around 1500, and the empire stretches from the Pacific to the Atlantic. I originally intended to use the Monarchy-Trade-Republic strategy, but I missed Monarchy, and the empire got too big for its britches. Now I can't go back to Monarchy longer than a few turns, but I'm rushing completion of Mike's chapel, so hopefully I'll be in better shape soon. The English, to my immediate south, were one of the two Civs that Marco reported to me as having more than four cities, and as soon as I find Dover, they'll be nothing but a memory. I'm looking forward to fairly rapidly finding the Chinese and elminating the other large civ(wonder if they're on the Americas) One of these days I'll have to actually build one of those boat thingies the tech boys came up with. Still, I've got a lot of real estate to expand across. I found Moscow occupied by barbarians and bribed a size 7 city for 175 gold. The Russians, without their capital, have only three techs, and four cities, and occupy the southern reaches of Africa. Easy meat. The Zulus(who just love handing me bags of cash whenever I ask as King of the Aztecs) occupy southern Indo-China and surrounding area. So where are those pesky French? Europe was virgin territory, except for the barbarians that jumped one of my chariots that entered a native village. That was a shock. Up till then, most villages just told me some wonderful secret they'd discovered, or turned out to be masters of some military art(3 elephants, two chariots, about ten techs, four cities or settlers, and FINALLY, a horde of painted Picts! Horsemen.) Since then, my luck has been awful. When I'm not finding a gold tooth(25gp) I get ambushed. As soon as I get home from work, I'm gonna polish off the English, and then start slapping the Zulus around. The Russkies? Buy 'em. Diplomats I got. They don't. They have Horses, Pottery, and Warrior Code. Wish me luck. I'm off to battle!!

UPDATE--

Well, the Russkies are bought and paid for. Found the Chinese, they were in North America, so the French must be in South America. Both showed up in Europe and South Africa, but I own Europe now, and the African cities are almost mine. The Zulus are in sorry shape, and I left Dover alone, since it is fairly harmless on Japan. I established a city in California, and a fortress to the east in the mountains. Whenevr those Library-owning Chinese develop a Tech, I steal it, and check to see what they are researching next, so I don't have to. I call my spies 'library cards'. Cute 'eh?

FearlessLeader

Cute. Very cute.

Next update awaited...

------------------
"He who expands rapidly across the open terrain of his Civ Map is akin to he who spreads his legs widely. Both leave their Capitol in a vulnerable position, and are libel to be bagged with extreme severity."

Hear now, the Word of Hippo

I was wondering how your frontier city in the Americas was doing. I used to found frontier cities, but I found defending one city against an entire Civ was consuming a lot of money, and sometimes a lost the city and gave a good tech away.
Now, I only attack when I have the forces to take several cities at once.

Has your city come under a lot of attacks.

Final Update:

1976(accounting for Speed of Light)
Aztech Nightly News, with Azdan Razther

The faint radio signal from Alpha Centauri heralded parades and celebrations across the Aztech Republic, while Chinese and French newspapers decried the reports as 'hoaxes' and 'fakery'. President Montezuma merely smiled when asked to answer these accusations on the step of the Presidential Temple in Chalco. Celebrations are expected to continue well into next week, and the president has declared a national holiday, but the armed forces are ensuring that store shelves do not empty of food and sundries meanwhile.

The Chinese have continued their claims of researching a 'deadly, fearsome engine of destruction', which Aztech Internal Security assures us will never come to fruition. In fact, sources who remain unnamed with our nation's security service say they 'overheard' reports of yet another catastrophic failure in the Chinese weapons research program.

Meanwhile, construction continues on the Laser Defense Brigade of missle and aircraft destroying defensive systems that President Monty assures us will keep us safe from any form of aerial attack. In total, nineteen cities, including Coatepec, are now shielded from enemy bombers, missles, and helicopters, should our enemies ever prove capable of building them. Our own military has steadfastly refused to deploy the ungainly craft, citing their instability, and dubious value as a weapon platform.

On the Chinese Mainland, the city of Coatepec continues to repel Chinese National Army regulars, and mountain bases report easy victories against attacking forces. Rumors of Aztech infantry, artillery, and armored units boarding transports bound for Coatepec remain just that, as we are unable to obtain confirmation. Anti-war demonstrations in our nation's capital were minimal, and public opinion appears to strongly favor a more long-term solution to the Chinese threat than simply holding them at bay.

The French remain stubbornly isolationist, and naval vessels patrolling their coasts, confirmed by satellite recon and overflights by aircraft, indicate a suprisingly low level of technology. The French appear to be defiantly clinging to the past, despite all attempts to modernize their fundamentalist society.

I'm Azdan Razther, and that's the world. Good night, and God bless.

Damn, Great News Report, that made me want to go play a game immediately...

------------------
Goverment tends to strenghten what it would choose to prohibit

Sad part is, I miss that game. It was very much a fun thing for me to start writing these 'news reports', and I think I'm going to do it again, just to get attached to the game. It really puts me down there in the cities and out in the irrigation ditches. I think I'm going to try to write a story based on a new game, in serial form. Of course, that means I'll have to play Civ on a regular basis. Oh, the horror!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
you cant do this to me!!

that story made me wanna play, but i cant.
i have to pack my bags, i'm going to madagascar for 5 weeks. 5 WEEKS without civ!!

i think i'm losing my will to live...

c ya

Top Bottom