Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 announced!

Nothing on new stuff in Civ Rev 2 ?

What about windows mobile?

The first one was made for XBox 360. I don't think today's iPads are nearly as powerful. In the screenshots, the leaders don't look very good up close.

The first one was made for XBox 360. I don't think today's iPads are nearly as powerful. In the screenshots, the leaders don't look very good up close.

You will be surprised, but modern Android tablets are more powerful than XBox 360 in all aspects. The game supports quite old iPhone and iPad, though, but they are not very far behind. You could look at mobile games like XCOM to see what iPad and iPhone could handle.

Funny they mention "intuitive controls and a friendly user interface". I got CivRev for 360 when it was free, and I was constantly fighting with its awful UI when I tried to play it. The bastard doesn't even let you ZOOM IN/OUT.

Funny they mention "intuitive controls and a friendly user interface". I got CivRev for 360 when it was free, and I was constantly fighting with its awful UI when I tried to play it. The bastard doesn't even let you ZOOM IN/OUT.

Probably that's why they don't release it on consoles anymore.

I'm dissapointed that this isn't coming out on X360, or PS3. I really liked the first one, I just wish it would've had a sequel so they could fix a lot of the things they didn't go very deep into (i.e. Diplomacy)

With all sincerity, this is the single biggest piece of gaming news of my life. CivRev, I felt, seemed less like "Civ Lite" and more like a reboot of the series: a return to many of Civ I's rock-solid fundamentals. I have enjoyed the main series all my life, and each game has its own particular brand of magic, but Civ Rev had so much of Civ I's original magic that defined much of my childhood. Here's hoping that Civ Rev 2 will live up to its tremendous expectations; if it doesn't, I'll happily keep playing Civ Rev for years to come, while I wait for Civ Rev 3.

Just read a review stating that multiplayer has been completely removed. Wouldn't a turn based strategy be the perfect type of multiplayer for a mobile?

Shattered. Hopefully they add it in later.

Greetings, CivRev players.

In a couple of days I intend to make the following official announcement, but wanted to give everyone who has and may further reply to this thread a detailed preview of it. After 5 years and 50 episodes, the RevCast podcast is shifting its focus to Civilization: Revolution 2. The aim is for 6 episodes to be recorded and released in the second-half of 2014.

If you are interested and available to be a regular co-host, please send me a PM and I'll follow-up with you. The first and foremost qualification to participate is, naturally, that you play CivRev2! :D Looking forward to hearing from you.

Probably that's why they don't release it on consoles anymore.

you can zoom in and out on consoles, just not like in some of the other civ games. To note, the reason it probably isn't going to be on consoles is the did a terrible job at fixing, patching the game and seemingly put much more effort into the Ai on mobile devices than on console. They seem to have just gave up on the game itself on console and went over to another platform for success. The games multiplayer is so bugged it is ridiculous, for those of us who play enough we know how to avoid freezing or glitching the game (only the glitches that don't benefit us of course). The Ai in single player and online could use some work to prevent a free walk in in the first few turns in multiplayer. This game is and still is the first and only of its kind on console, so the market is not as big for a first time game on a console, but most first time launches such as this does not go as planned, but when do nothing to fix the issues that arise, that only leads to a bigger failure. The multiplayer does not work as it should and should have still to this date and considering that after a while the Ai is boring to fight when all they do is gang up on you and hit you with a ton of legions witch not only is annoying, but easy if you not how to stop it. So, not only is single player not good for nothing,but achievements, Multiplayer can be frustrating for first timers and then people will then purposely freeze the game to win, to get high up on the leader boards. The leader boards are also another minor flaw in the game as if you know how to manipulate them you can easily stay on top, cheaters on the 360 like flash do that. Also another big thing is the unbalanced civs such as America and then others in the early game witch is not so bad as the Americans and chinise, is the Zulu, arab, and Spanish is just a that most bad players continue to use because they cant play with bottom tier and win(Spanish is op through out the game as well as chinise). Now that I am done complaining, I would like to note that this game is a great recipe that happened to be flawed because lack of care, but certainly could have a great future on console if effort was put properly into the game to make sure the same mistakes weren't not made again. Especially since much more can be done on consoles, especially next gen witch can take it over the top. The announcement of this game onto mobile devices outrages me because I personally think it should be for console, although I think it would be easier for them to build a nice fan base then toss it on to consoles, but I would Highly suggest them to not make it like the phone version, but rather make it with the basic principles of civ rev on console just updated and made properly made a game witch can be played to stand the test of time. (What I really mean is, don't make it from the phone to the console, make it right for the console)

Top Bottom