Siege Unit rules

nzcamel

Nahtanoj the Magnificent
What are the current rules for siege engines? I thought there was an update where the battering ram, instead of allowing max damage to the walls; was changed, to like the siege tower, basically let attackers ignore the walls altogether, but only for ancient walls. With the siege tower doing the same thing for medieval walls. I know the text says different in the Civilopedia, but that is often left unchanged when they update things.

Rams allow melee units to do damage to the Ancient Walls without the wall penalty, Siege Towers allow melee units to bypass the Ancient and Medieval walls and attack the garrison as if there were no walls.
And Renaissance Walls have no siege counter, only artillery or bombing.

So the rules are what they were from the beginning of the game...? Was the only change that battering rams could no longer effect medieval walls, and you could upgrade rams into towers?

I can't remember very well how it was in the beginning, apart from the thing, that galleys also benefited from battering rams :)
But GS brought the current distinction between the walls of different eras and it remains so for now.

Top Bottom