Simple SQL Mod Help for Rationalism Buff

Infernalness

Chieftain
Hello, I'm new to modding, and I wanted to create a simple mod that buffed the amount of science you got from high population in the Rationalism policy card.
I'm familiar with sql so I figured that it wouldn't be too hard. The problem is, my update statement doesn't seem to actually be updating the database.
The problem I have feels like it should be so simple, but nothing seems to be working.

UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value = 65 WHERE Name = 'Amount' AND ModifierId = 'RATIONALISM_BUILDING_YIELDS_HIGH_POP';

I tracked down this modifier argument in the DebugGameplay.sqlite file. The sql file runs fine, and there are no error statments in the Database/Modding log files.
I even added a couple of other update statments to make sure that this is the correct way to modify policies.
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value = 1000 WHERE Name = 'Amount' AND ModifierId = 'FIVEYEARPLAN_DISTRICTSCIENCE'; UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value = 20 WHERE Name = 'Amount' AND ModifierId = 'DISCIPLINE_BARBARIANCOMBAT';

These lines of code worked, so I'm really confused now. Is there some sort of constraint that is preventing me from modifying rationalism?
I tried modifying other rationalism modifier arguments, and nothing happened then either.
I even went into the Policies.xml file in ...\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data to look to make sure its there. What I found was that 'RATIONALISM_BUILDING_YIELDS_HIGH_POP' didn't exist there.
The modifier arguments I found in there were called things like 'RATIONALISM_DOUBLELIBRARY'. I tried modifying those as well, however it didn't work.

I've tried including all of these modifier argument updates in many different orderings, looking into the schema, and toying with the priority for the In-Game action, but nothing has worked.

Has anyone else had issues similar to this?

Are there some modifier arguments that cant be changed? (if so please let me know if its constraint related)

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

NOTE: I also tried to do something similar with grand opera and got the same sort of issues.

Your update statement is fine, but just to be sure I added it to one of my testing mods and it successfully updated the database to the new value. Must be something to do with your mod setup.

The modifiers like RATIONALISM_DOUBLELIBRARY and such were IIRC for the Vanilla game before the expansions. Those get removed when playing R&F & GS.

Your update statement is fine, but just to be sure I added it to one of my testing mods and it successfully updated the database to the new value. Must be something to do with your mod setup.

The modifiers like RATIONALISM_DOUBLELIBRARY and such were IIRC for the Vanilla game before the expansions. Those get removed when playing R&F & GS.
I was able to just create a new project and move the UPDATE statement over and it worked fine. Very strange. TYSM!

Top Bottom