Slavs Battlesuit slingshot

At turns 90-125, the "slingshot" isn't really uncommonly fast. You can luck out at turn 42 or something, but that's a lucky break.

sad thing about this, patchy strategies will kept on being patched and re-exploted just to see who can hold on longer, devs or fanatics :)

I've tried this a handful of times but I always have the same problem -- I cannot get to level 4 affinity, even at turn 100. How are you guys hitting 4 so much faster than that?

Did you finished quest before level 2? If so, you'll stuck at level 3 even with 2 forementioned techs.
Getting Might virtue is good for getting level 4 consistently.

2 Affinity from Servomachinery (via 25xp).
1 Affinity from Genetic Mapping (via 12xp).
1 Affinity from Might virtue.
1 Affinity from quest.
1 Affinity from excavation.

Pick from those, but note that since the the xp requirement increases with each Affinity level you need to grab the Servomachinery xp before the direct +1 Affinity sources if you want two Affinity points from it.

The top three are guaranteed, but are the slower sources of Affinity points. The quest source is semi-random (you are guaranteed the Affinity point eventually, but since the point of this is to do it quick...), while the excavation source is almost completely random (it is highly likely there are a good few on the map, but your chance of getting them isn't), however, the quest and excavation are by far the fastest sources of Affinity points.

Therefore, the quickest way to get the four Affinity points (and the desired battlesuits) is to beeline towards Servomachinery (using free tech as appropriate), then grab the quest Affinity point and the excavation Affinity point. However, every part of that has randomness involved - the institute quest may take a long time to pop up, the quest may not be the Alien Nests (and so take a fair while to complete), and the excavation Affinity point may never turn up (it is a random reward from the random progenitor ruins excavation, if I recall right).

On the other hand, the slowest you do it in is sort of capped at least - beeline Servomachinery, grab Genetic Mapping, grab Might Virtue.

So, while you are guaranteed at least fairly fast battlesuits (on Strategic Balance) it really is quite random as to just how fast you can get them, within a range of somewhere between 50 to 100 turns, without much control on your part.

I think the Franco-Iberia slingshot is better. In my previous game, I get 2 free techs on the same turn (free tech from 10 virtues + free tech from institute quest). I grab Nanotechnology and Tactical LEV, instant +40 affinity points that gave me instant 3 levels up!!!!

@Roxlimn, I agree that BSuits in that range isn't uncommonly fast but by building wide I have 10 cities by the time BSuits are unlocked. The increased cities allows me to mass produce BSuits to roll my neighbors.

Did you finished quest before level 2? If so, you'll stuck at level 3 even with 2 forementioned techs.
Getting Might virtue is good for getting level 4 consistently.

I've never gotten the quest.

Top Bottom