Sleep / Board Next Ship

Apprentice 2 SA

Chieftain
Civ II is undoubtedly the best game ever. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have little annoyances. It's a bit of a pain when you want a unit to sleep but not board the next ship: an attack unit whose job it is to wake up when enemies come close, for example.

Did anyone ever find a solution / work around?

Yes, that is always a little annoying to make sure the right units board the ship. One way is to fortify them, since fortified units do not board the ship. However this unit will not wake up automatically when a foreign unit is at the gate.

Not quite as annoying as Nukes hitchhiking on just about any ship that can carry them.

Not quite as annoying as Nukes hitchhiking on just about any ship that can carry them.

Yes, the very term after the PLAYER builds the Manhatten Project (so, no realistic time for the AI to even build a Nuke) and, in many cases, before that AI even has the Rocketry tech... :S

Bah, who needs rockets, they'll just use catapults, what could possibly go wrong...

Yes, the very term after the PLAYER builds the Manhatten Project (so, no realistic time for the AI to even build a Nuke) and, in many cases, before that AI even has the Rocketry tech... :S
Makes me glad that I have never noticed that. Whether playing for conquest or spaceship, if I build Manhattan, it will be on the very last turn. Of course, I do not play many scenarios and in some you may not have that luxury.

Top Bottom