Slider information 1816

Kev

Hired Goon
Well, seems we have very few choices.

We'll HAVE to have at least 10% in luxuries. If not, so many entertainers will be needed that some cities will starve.

Also, 3 turns to tech will be the case for 50%, 60% and 70% of science.

I think we really have two choices:

1 = 30% taxes, 50% science and 20% luxuries. This will mean only needing 2 entertainers (both in Spycatcher), 3 turns to tech and a profit of 321 gold.

2 = 40% taxes, 50% science and 10% luxuries. This will mean a total of 15 entertainers, 3 turns to tech and a profit of 438 gold.

Why not #2? The only problem is that some cities will grow slower needing entertainers. Well, they are so large now that it will hardly make a huge difference, really. We'll celebrate again later to really grow. Also, we can hopefully capture CFC which could help us out.

Man 438 gold per turn will be sweeeeet.

Thoughts?

My first thought was option one, because I don´t like having too many entertainers. They would hamper not only growth but also production. But the extra 100 gold per turn might be worth it, if we make sure to remove tiles with only food/trade and not production. I am very hestitant on this though.

Edit: After some thinking I am for option one. The large number of entertainers would lower trade income and make the monetary benefit less than it may seem. In addition it would lessen growth and production, as well as make it harder to field that soon-to-be fleet of cruisers and battleships.

Spice, your edit is self-defeating. The creation of these entertainers will reduce trade, yes, but it is mostly trade that would be diverted to luxuries in no. (1). The sliders are based on the trade we produce so if they say that there is a better return for the production of these entertainers then we cannot improve on it. I'm quite happy with 13 entertainers doing the job of 10% on luxuries if we can make a load of extra cash into the bargain. :D
My vote, therefore, is for (2). :goodjob:

If the extra entertainers doesn't matter too much, then I vote for option 2 because an extra 1000 gold per turn will be great for more bribing and rush building.

Well, it's an extra 100+, but it's nice nonetheless. I WISH it was 1,000 :)

I should have taken into account the production issues brought up by Spice. However, my feeling is that in most cases we'd be taking citizens off of ocean squares or non-shielded grasslands. "Eats" into the food - that's for sure, but hopefully the effects on shields will be relatively minimal.

The food issue WILL affect growth - true. At this stage, however, I would see us growing more by celebrations than by the food box anyway.

One last thing to consider: We will hopefully be getting a navy up and running soon. None of these ships can be supported by our Shake's city, Beijing, as it is not a coastal city. These ships will cause slight extra unhappiness that we'll have to consider.

I'd still like to run at 10% though - at least for the next batch of turns. With the rushing of Hoover and the buying of Lutetia and Heidelberg (Kev slaps himself in the head), our reserves were low. I did very little rushing over the last few turns up to 1816, and at least we're up to about 1,500. Take 7 or 8 turns at over 400 gold a pop and we can really improve a bunch of things. Also, superhighways in THDP will be a great boon for our SSC and the overall economy.

We can easily revisit the adding of luxuries after these years.

My thoughts at least.

I could go with the majority on this issue if we try to remove workers from non-production tiles. :)

Top Bottom