[R&F] Sneaky Queen Elisabeth

LobstaBoy

Chieftain
Deity game standard everything R&F.
I'm playing as Khan plotting world domination . I find England, send her a delegation and check our relationship.
-3 for first impressions
+3 we sent them a delegation
Good! I feel lucky as that's far better than the normal -7 or -8 first impression.
About 5 turns later, after my having cleared a barb camp her Queenliness sends me a odd but friendly message .
I ignore it but what catches my eye is she's got a little green face under her portrait now. Curious I click and open dialogue .
Now she has the following:
+12 because,I fulfilled an agenda
+12 for unknown reasons
What??? O well I decide I don't want to declare friends as I plan on attacking before 30 more turns.
Happily I close screen and continue plotting to conquer all.
3-5 turns,later she swarms my capital with more warriors than I could handle and Sean Bean tells me how my civ didn't stand the test of time.

I'm not mad. Far from it. Losing to a backstab is hardly new. I do question this behavior as I don't recall the diplomacy numbers leading me so far astray.
Did I miss something obvious or waa this just an "oops" .
Sorry for the long post but I thought details important.

Not a deity player, but early game I don't think it matters how friendly they are. If they are your neighbor and are close by they will want to declare war on you, from what I've seen and heard.
And it's Queen Victoria in Civ 6. :)

I'm not mad. Far from it. Losing to a backstab is hardly new. I do question this behavior as I don't recall the diplomacy numbers leading me so far astray.
Sorry for the long post but I thought details important.
This is a perfect example of a sneak backstabber in action. I believe the choice is random and is a hidden personality trait. Its happened to me lots... as I always said friendliness is only of value if you can declare.. otherwise beware. If you offered her a deal she would be just as sneaky and give you a good GPT price.
There is one way to tell but you were not willing to risk it.
An AI on +12 should normally agree to a declaration of friendship... if they do not be careful.
What makes me laugh is people who say "I wish we had the old backstabber personality in this game"

Indeed it is Queen Victoria!
Perhaps that is why she put her warriors on my capital. I kept getting her name wrong!
That double +12 tho ... that's just misleading!

For a moment, I thought someone found Queen Elizabeth's Civ6 art files hidden away, based on the thread's title. Must be there with Queen Isabella's, too. :mischief:

She must have really hated you before she lost her empire.
Nope- Fairly neutral- I had trade routes to her remaining cities and open borders were had so I could take liberate London from Georgia for her.
I did turn down a ridiculous trade offer right before she declared war on me.

Nope- Fairly neutral- I had trade routes to her remaining cities and open borders were had so I could take liberate London from Georgia for her.
I did turn down a ridiculous trade offer right before she declared war on me.
That's a bit odd, i could only get to the bottom of it with the logs. There is some diplomacy issues currently in another thread but that might be down to a pre patch save, was yours similar?

That's a bit odd, i could only get to the bottom of it with the logs. There is some diplomacy issues currently in another thread but that might be down to a pre patch save, was yours similar?
If we speak of the very last patch yes it was pre-patch. My thinking was perhaps some sort of weird alliance or agreement forced her hand. I have not rage quit too many games but this one gave me a certain ire that left a bad taste toward the progress of fixes needed for this game.

If we speak of the very last patch yes it was pre-patch. My thinking was perhaps some sort of weird alliance or agreement forced her hand.
If you had a save I could have a look for any diplomatic corruption but it could not have any mods

Top Bottom