[BNW] Snubbing Trade proposals

DukeCivStarcon

Chieftain
Trade Popup suppression

Hi. I hate Trade Proposal popup spam. It's almost all spam. AI players interrupt play with totally unworthy proposals. Now once or twice I'm ok with by way of permitting a concept of 'in-game patience.' (Something CIV2 featured of all things, and it was sensible. Alongside [d'oh!] ACTUALLY ASKING if you wanted to receive the ambassadors of a foreign power. Also, finally, you could turn off 'Diplomacy Screen' under 'Graphical Options.' Gee wiz how hard is this?!) Some people don't care for it. Diplomacy is carried out by letters a fair amount of the time. Not everything entails a State Visit. THEY'RE NOT ALWAYS GRANTED, etc etc

Ok so if I want to prevent AI players point-blank from initiating a Trade Dialog screen does anyone know of a LUA edit that will fix this? I'll happily Hex Edit with instructions I dngaf

PS I loved how trade was handled in Call to Power... (didn't that get bought out and merged with the owners of the Civ IP anyway? The whole reason to avoid similarly-implementing the UI feature for trade proposals is gone then anyway...) it was a little notification icon just like they have now in CIV 5 on the right. And an 'Accept or Reject' button. No BS. Very simple. Let's do that again.

PPS This is a mod/fix that may have been implemented in another pack already, if so and someone knows of it point me to it please. Thanks.

PPPS If no one has done this before and it is a fixable, safely-repeatable thing to patch I'd be OK paying someone something reasonable to create and release the patch here on Fiver or something.

Top Bottom