So ... some wonders can be built multiple times?

mr.ioes

Chieftain
Now this is news to me. AI has circus maximus, yet I can build it too now. What's going on, I thought each wonder could only be built once?

There are World Wonders and National Wonders.

National Wonders are the ones that say "need X in all your cities, cost goes up for each city in your empire". Every civ can build one of each.

World Wonders are the ones that take a lot of hammers to build but don't have the "need X in all your cities" condition. Only one can be built in the world; if someone else beats you to it, you get gold to make up for the hammers invested.

Also, there are "Team Projects": the Apollo Project (needed to build spaceship parts) and the Manhattan Project (needed to build nukes). Every civ can build one of these as well, like a National Wonder.

And no, the tooltips don't tell you this. You just have to know. I think Unofficial Patch might fix this though (along with like 100 other omissions left by Firaxis).

Thanks for clarification!

Also "if someone else beats you to it, you get gold to make up for the hammers invested" lol I never noticed that.

Yeah, we call that "failgold" on the forums. Now you know. Civ4 also had it. Civ3 didn't, but let you transfer hammers to another wonder.

And no, the tooltips don't tell you this. You just have to know. I think Unofficial Patch might fix this though (along with like 100 other omissions left by Firaxis).

Or you could just, I don't know, read the manual. Or something. It's not necessary to "just know", as if it were some sort of hidden secret.

Or you could just, I don't know, read the manual. Or something. It's not necessary to "just know", as if it were some sort of hidden secret.

The manual says there are world wonders. As to which wonders are world wonders and which are national wonders, you just have to know.

Also the manual is very inaccurate for other things.

Ha ha. When I first saw the title of the thread I thought it was referring to the Oxford University cheese (build Oxford, give away the city, rebuild Oxford in a new city, rinse and repeat).

The manual says there are world wonders. As to which wonders are world wonders and which are national wonders, you just have to know.

Actually, pages 155-160 list the world wonders. Pages 161-162 list the national wonders. There are seperate headings for each section.

Had you read the manual, you would know this.

There's a manual? :eek:

You're better off reading these forums! :p

Top Bottom