1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] So What Are You Naming Your Rock Bands?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Sprenk, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

does it matter where you send rock bands? I've been sending them all to the highest culture generator. Should I spread them around?

2. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

I find the default random names quite amusing... I typically let them name themselves, so to speak.
    I'd hate to put the name of a beloved band onto something that might die on their first concert.

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

1st was Rush, 2nd was Scissor Sisters ... then I made one called Donny Osmond and he did really well so I gave up.

AmazonQueen, Kmart_Elvis and Leucarum like this.
  4. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

The random names are funny and make me laugh. My arena rock / cover art band "Classical Questions" had very successful tours playing Stadiums and World Wonders through every French and Aztec city across two continents. I like how the bands drive a tour bus but I wish they had a private yacht or jet at sea instead of the standard embarked cargo container transport ship. Funny thing is, I was working toward a science victory. I had no TS districts, no great works, no parks, resorts or tourism related policies but I won a Culture victory on Emperor mostly from this band's world tour and whatever wonders I happened to build plus a few relics from Kandy.

5. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Chieftain

Taking the default for the most part, though one was fairly terrible. They ended up as 'Giant Pantheon,' which was bad enough to be funny.

6. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Messer Chups because the bass guitarists all look like Zombierella.

Also, Messer Chops or Messer Chips, depending what's for dinner, and I think it will be Messer Chaps if the bearded ones here decide to have pork spare ribs.

7. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Chieftain

In my Eleanor game, my most successful band was (fittingly) Aqua-taine. Serving (again fittingly) Barbie Girl realness throughout Mongolia.

8. Timothy001

Timothy001 Chieftain

I usually name them for their promotion. ie Theatre 1, Wonder 1, etc, that tells me where the bonus is

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Anthrax has been my most successful band so far, nearly all of mine die in the first or second performance.

10. Breadsmith

Breadsmith Chieftain

EUROPE: For the "Final Countdown" right before a Science win.

Deathklok: Had a better GDP than Belgium.

They Might be Giant Death Robots: Just because

11. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter Chieftain

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I got a 4-promotion Rock Band last night. I let the name generator name it Angry Emu.

WillowBrook likes this.
  13. Red_warning

Red_warning Chieftain

Played French Eleanor, took care to name all my bands at first but after Eiffel 1887 and Encore both failed during their first gigs I stopped putting much thought into it and started randomising...

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I swear when I give my bands custom names they die after 1 or 2 shows. My ones with the default names go on and on. My most recent Dido game my band had around 10 shows, and was still alive when the game ended. It was a default name, I can't recall the name atm.

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I'm just gonna name them after my favorite bands... Blind Guardian, Keldian, Pathfinder, Sonata Arctica*, Nightwish, Dream Theater, Ensiferum...

*will probably flop after releasing a few good albums