So whats next in the Civ line?

mattpilot

Warlord
I hear Civ5 is in the works - that rumor true?

Civ4, with BTS, already seems to be the perfect civ game. Not much to expand on other than go the direction of SMAC - which is what i'd personally like to see.

If Civ5 is really coming, i'd like to see a completely customizable game. Not just a unit editor that allows you to create specialized units ala SMAC in many different ways, but also customizable worker buildable improvements. Every choice you make should have an advantage and disadvantage and / or with a specific cost associated. I'd also like to see a completely terraformable world with associated weather paterns similar to what SMAC had - all with realistic limits thou. The more customization the better is my motto.

Of course this leads to more micromanagement which leads to greater opposition by the community. Although i suppose you could have 'standard' versions of everything that offer neither benefit nor disadvantage. But anyhow, i'd like the next civ game go beyond the unique units and unique buildings we have now and allow the player to have unique everything - however he wants to shape his civilization.

*keeps on dreaming* :king:

No official announcement of Civilization 5 yet, but there are plenty of indications that the rumor is true. In particular, one of moderators, Padma, has give us strong reason to believe that Civilization 5 for the PC is in development.

Other than that, your guesses of what the next edition of Civilization will be like are as good as the rest of ours.

I hear Civ5 is in the works - that rumor true?

Civ4, with BTS, already seems to be the perfect civ game. Not much to expand on other than go the direction of SMAC - which is what i'd personally like to see.

If Civ5 is really coming, i'd like to see a completely customizable game. Not just a unit editor that allows you to create specialized units ala SMAC in many different ways, but also customizable worker buildable improvements. Every choice you make should have an advantage and disadvantage and / or with a specific cost associated. I'd also like to see a completely terraformable world with associated weather paterns similar to what SMAC had - all with realistic limits thou. The more customization the better is my motto.

Of course this leads to more micromanagement which leads to greater opposition by the community. Although i suppose you could have 'standard' versions of everything that offer neither benefit nor disadvantage. But anyhow, i'd like the next civ game go beyond the unique units and unique buildings we have now and allow the player to have unique everything - however he wants to shape his civilization.

*keeps on dreaming* :king:

actually if u go to gamespot and look up civ V or somtin like that, they have an article bout it

That article is really about Civ Revolutions, which at the time they assumed to be Civ 5.

I don't think theres any question on whether or not we'll see a Civ 5. It just depends on when.

No official announcement of Civilization 5 yet, but there are plenty of indications that the rumor is true. In particular, one of moderators, Padma, has give us strong reason to believe that Civilization 5 for the PC is in development.

Other than that, your guesses of what the next edition of Civilization will be like are as good as the rest of ours.

Hi man. You did it. You made me think hopefully for the 1st time here that a civ5 mybe coming round the corner soon. I thank you for that :) .

Now I need to wake up . I think the Padam thing was for 'Rev' release date or best, the "ong awaited 'official'l BtS patch thats due any day and with some exciting added bonuses to gameplay like a throne room!, he has reason to be excited! (sshhh never heard it from me)

ONe thing I'll say leadin to your theory is the realse of Civ Complete in AMerica(not euro) soon. Last time Taketwo release the Complete package they offered 2 sneakity sneak pics showin a civ4 "coming soon" on the back cover of the manual .I think thats was how they officailly confirmed rumours -not sure for sure :)

Top Bottom