Social policy skipping (NOT the "right click" question)

kbedwards

Chieftain
Trying to follow the 4 city Tradition strategy for Immortal, and it's suggesting to skip the first two available social policies, and to take them LAST. I understand (I think) how skipping works (right click on ADOPT POLICY, and it allows you to go to the next turn), but when I did that, I still can't choose the "later" options down the chart, as it were, bc it says the first two options are pre-requisites. Do I need to install a mod to get around that or something? Unsure how to select the first two tradition policies LAST if I am forced to take them before proceeding.

Thanks

Wow, no one? :(
Am I asking in the wrong forum maybe?
I haven't been on here in a while, but, to my knowledge, one can't take the policies out of order, other than there are usually two branches, so you could take the NEXT one from either branch. So if you have actually done that before, I would guess it was by using a mod.

I do know that a game option is Policy Saving, which would let one skip a turn(s) before selecting, but you still couldn't take them out of order.

Trying to follow the 4 city Tradition strategy for Immortal, and it's suggesting to skip the first two available social policies, and to take them LAST. I understand (I think) how skipping works (right click on ADOPT POLICY, and it allows you to go to the next turn), but when I did that, I still can't choose the "later" options down the chart, as it were, bc it says the first two options are pre-requisites. Do I need to install a mod to get around that or something? Unsure how to select the first two tradition policies LAST if I am forced to take them before proceeding.

Thanks
Was the guide written on an early version of Civ V, or before the BNW expansion? It may have been referring to the two Tradition policies on the upper row which, before balance changes, were without prerequisites. They are, pretty much, very bad. Legalism -> Landed Elite -> Monarchy is so much better.

But in BNW, Legalism requires Oligarchy, so it's a different game.

Top Bottom