[SOLVED] [SQL] Problem with updating building description

frutiemax

Warlord
I'm trying to update the text of the shipyard building description but it does not seem to work.

Code:
UPDATE LocalizedText
SET Text='+25% combat experience for all naval units trained in this city. Bonus [ICON_Production] Production equal to the adjacency bonus of the Harbor district. +50% [ICON_PRODUCTION] adjacency bonus from Industrial Zone district in this city.'
WHERE Language='en_US' AND Tag='LOC_BUILDING_SHIPYARD_DESCRIPTION';

BuildingDescriptionBug.PNG

I've put the sql file in modbuddy as an updateText command in both front-end and In-Game Actions. Is there something else I need to do?

My version of the game localization database says that Localization Key contains the following text for the 'en_US' language
Code:
+25% combat experience for all naval units trained in this city. Bonus [ICON_Production] Production equal to the adjacency bonus of the Harbor district.
This does not match to what you are showing on your screenshot. This is probably because Gathering Storm redirects the 'Description' reference to "LOC_BUILDING_SHIPYARD_EXPANSION2_DESCRIPTION":
Code:
<Row Tag="LOC_BUILDING_SHIPYARD_EXPANSION2_DESCRIPTION">
	<Text>+25% combat experience for all naval units trained in this city. Bonus [ICON_Production] Production equal to the adjacency bonus of the Harbor district. +1 [ICON_PRODUCTION] Production on all unimproved Coast tiles for this city. </Text>
</Row>
You are probably better off re-directing the Shipyard building to a new custom Localization Reference Tag-Name and defining that within your localization file rather than attempting to UPDATE to a Gathering storm Localization Key -- generally these updates to Expac localization keys fail because of the hidden handling that is done with all Text Tag entries into BaseGameText and LocalizedText.

To add difficulty to the issues with updating expac localization keys, file "DebugLocalization.sqlite" is not updated to include anything from the two expansion packs, so we cannot even make a direct check on the "localization" database to see whether our attempts to alter expansion text has successfully been added to the text database.

Last edited:
LeeS, thank you for confirming that it was not that easy. :thumbsup:

I will for now redirect the localization texts to a custom one.

Top Bottom