Some beginner map questions....

Gnomercy

Chieftain
I am really only trying to create a custom map and have a couple questions. Hopefully this is the right place.

Once I am finished with my map will it just show as an option in Civ5 or do I need to stage or load it somehow? How would I get it to my friends?

When crating a map how do create a custom faction and/or rename the default cities? For example, I am trying to create a custom faction and want to rename the cities. I don't get the option for a custom faction so I selected a faction and it names my cities. I'd like to change that name.

If someone can point me to a FAQ guide that might answer my questions that would be great!

Thanks!

That depends on where you save your map. When your map is finished, it should be placed in your Civ V maps folder. It should pop op in the additional maps. To customize, you need the Civ V SDK. In the worldbuilder tool you can click on cities and then edit their names;) To create a faction, I would suggest you visit a modding FAQ, as these discuss how you create a new civ. Here's a link:

http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/ModdersGuide.pdf

Top Bottom