• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Some comments after playing a bit

Originally posted by SirPleb
Regarding the use of a scientific leader being a tough choice, for my use I disagree. I won't have a hard time with this decision. I'll rush a wonder at any point in the game where one which is important to my strategy will be available soon. I'll only take the 25% when there's nothing else I can use the leader for.

The only reason I would use their 25% is if there is no more wonder to build. Otherwise I would just keep them in my capitol unitl the next wonder to build came. Why ? Because if you get SGL, that means you're ahead in science, so why waste them in increasing your lead ? But that's MHO.
Other than that, the crucial difference between SGL and MGL is that there is a limit to the number of SGL you can get, and it's equal to the number of tech. On the contrary, there is NO LIMIT to the number of MGL you can get. Look at Bamspeedy's beyond Sid, he got 100+ MGL... I don't know what the record will be regarding SGL, but I'll bet it will be around 10. And in most games it's likely to be 3-5. In my Regent Game as the Babs, I got 3. And I discovered every tech once I hit middle-age !
So my point is, SGL will be a random piece of luck, allright, but it won't affect the game that much since at max you'll be able to rush 5 wonders. That's great, but a lot less than what you could do with MGL...
And of course earier SGL will be more valuable, since you can keep them and thus choose the wonder you'll get for free !

To conclude, IMHO, SGL boost the scientific trait, but by no insane amount.The way it works, it can't become a game killer.

Originally posted by Masquerouge

The only reason I would use their 25% is if there is no more wonder to build. Otherwise I would just keep them in my capitol unitl the next wonder to build came. Why ? Because if you get SGL, that means you're ahead in science, so why waste them in increasing your lead ? But that's MHO.
If you can't research techs in 4 turns, it's worth it I believe. Why NOT increase your lead? Especially if your going for a Space Ship win.

[BI don't know what the record will be regarding SGL, but I'll bet it will be around 10. And in most games it's likely to be 3-5. In my Regent Game as the Babs, I got 3.
Well, it won't be as many in DemiGod and above.

So my point is, SGL will be a random piece of luck, allright, but it won't affect the game that much since at max you'll be able to rush 5 wonders. That's great, but a lot less than what you could do with MGL...
Yeah, and it will be less common in the higher Diffs. And sure it's luck, but you need to be in the tech lead or at least almost in tech lead for you to get 'rewarded' with a SGL now and then.

To conclude, IMHO, SGL boost the scientific trait, but by no insane amount.The way it works, it can't become a game killer.
Yeah, not like the MGL could be. And the MGL was a lot easier to get.

Originally posted by Grey Fox
If you can't research techs in 4 turns, it's worth it I believe. Why NOT increase your lead? Especially if your going for a Space Ship win.

Mmmh is the boost of the leader for the city or for your entire empire ? And (I'm not sure about the way research works so whip me if I'm wrong) since it's a 25% increase, and supposing it's worth for your entire empire, to get to 4 turns per tech that means you need 5 turns per tech, right ? And 5 turns ain't that bad...

Originally posted by Grey Fox
Well, it won't be as many in DemiGod and above.

That's for sure. I showed my regent example mainly because it's my only one :) but specifically to show that my stats were for an "easy" level !
EDIT : I've made the calculations. If you're a scientific civ and you're the first to discover all the 84 techs, then you have roughly a 1% chance to get 10 leaders... My first wild guess about the all-time max of SGL you can get in a game was pretty close :lol:

Originally posted by ???????
I think that Sid level may prove not too hard to win in the scenarios. (Vs. the epic game where Sid level is extremely difficult.)
Not too difficult to guess who said that!? :lol:

This proves that everything is RELATIVE! :)

A most INFORMATIVE thread............thanks y'all! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Top Bottom